Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Name displayed in GUILD chat please

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to make this happen? To have the character name displayed in guild chat and party chat would be VERY ideal for me, and those in my guild.

If this isn't a function available in game, is there an addon that will accomplish this? If so, what is the name please.
Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The pChat addon lets you set preferences for name displays in various chat channels, among other useful chat-related perks.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply. Just reading about it, it sounds great.. kinda large.. and very confusing. Will move this convo to the addons section, coz i'm likely gonna need help lol

Decided i'm not going to bother. It looks like an addon for coders who know what they are doing. i'm an idiot who is lucky to get the game to work period. :(
    Edited by Thee_Cheshire_Cat on March 13, 2022 8:22PM
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pchat has a completely point-and-click settings menu like the rest of the game. There's no code involved unless you really want to change the files.
    PC NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pChat is not difficult to set up.

It has a lot of options but you can ignore any you don't want to use and then those things will be unchanged. If you do want to customise a lot of things it might take a while to set it up initially but once it's done it will save the settings for all your characters so you don't have to do them again.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, i let you all convince me to TRY.

i... must admit. It was pretty painless. Minus having to manually download most of the stuff, but that only took time.

Once you login, as was mentioned, it's pretty simple to go through and fiddle with. i was expecting errors the moment i logged in.

So, thank you guys. Means a lot to me to have this addon to see character names and not game handles.

Blessings!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you use Minion for your addons? That should take care of the downloading for you.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Do you use Minion for your addons? That should take care of the downloading for you.

Yes, i have, and use Minion when i can. However, many times i find even though it says it is installed, it is not, and i have to manually download and install addons myself.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Yes, i have, and use Minion when i can. However, many times i find even though it says it is installed, it is not, and i have to manually download and install addons myself.

most addons dont install dependencies with the addon anymore, and you have to install the dependencies separately from the main addon

i think thats how addons were more standardized within the last 2 years
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some addons, dependency or not, will -say- they have downloaded (through minion) and yet are not actually there when you go look.