The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about CP

noobfury
noobfury
✭✭✭
Hey guys,

As I've mentioned in other posts, I've been playing since the pre CP days and have recently started getting back to PVP.

My questions is, I'm sitting at just under 700 CP while obviously there are players with over 2k. The average I see is around 1200. How much of an advantage does this give a player that has twice or three times the amount of CP that I have and would I be more satisfied in no CP until I grind more points. In other words, does the disparity create a huge advantage/disadvantage ?
I feel like paper in CP PVP even with 38k HP and max resists.

Spending months in Spellscar kind of kills the whole fun factor imho.

Thanks in advance
noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want an easier campaign to learn you could play in no cp

however in cp, the reason you see an average of 1200 is because around 1200-1400 is when you effectively "max" cp (all passives as maximum, and 4 slottables for each tree at maximum)

the only bonus people have for even more cp is basically extra slottables that they can swap around to out of combat if they feel like they need to
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    If you have your 4 slottable cp perks in both red and blue then I would argue the difference is negligible.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have your 4 slottable cp perks in both red and blue then I would argue the difference is negligible.

There is a difference with more CP as you gain benefits like reduced stamina cost for dodge, block, reduction in damage from blocking, increase in damage with magika/physical effects etc... so it can be impactful in CP campaign. The difference is small but there is enough of a difference that it makes playing PVP harder for someone with under 1200 CP whereas 1200 CP does have a small advantage.

But the 4 slotted CP are the most important ones.
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was mainly looking at the passives. I have plenty of slotted options. The older CP system was a bit different.
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    When I came back to the game from recently from a long break I was at around 850 cp. I’m currently just north of 1100 and I really don’t feel a difference if that helps answer at all.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As other's have said, once you get past the 4 slottables the difference is going to be minor. If Raven was just Greyhost without cp, maybe worth going there. But you'd have to deal with no proc set limitations as well. And, ofc, the population has tanked. Honestly, I'd go CP. I don't think you'll feel it, but even if you do you'll enjoy it more. The only passive stuff I'd really make a point to get is stuff like extra movement speed in red and reduced fall damage in green. I do notice not having them in no cp.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    As other's have said, once you get past the 4 slottables the difference is going to be minor. If Raven was just Greyhost without cp, maybe worth going there. But you'd have to deal with no proc set limitations as well. And, ofc, the population has tanked. Honestly, I'd go CP. I don't think you'll feel it, but even if you do you'll enjoy it more. The only passive stuff I'd really make a point to get is stuff like extra movement speed in red and reduced fall damage in green. I do notice not having them in no cp.

i used to play raven all the time till they removed procs

no proc and no hammer in raven = no fun for me

without cp the pvp feels a lot more balanced, as it is purely skill/gear setup based regardless of how many cp each person has
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014