The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A dream to end to the 3 banners war?

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Dunno, just something I caught in the stream today @56:09 that Rich mentioned. Is this the answer after years of trying to figure out what's wrong in Cyrodiil and how to fix it? Next year the dream is realized and war ends?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would make sense. However, the existing stories would and should remain the same.

But the three-banner war is not what is wrong with Cyrodiil.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dream is to end the war so the alliance can rebuild Cyrodiil into a giant card dueling arena
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, was a bit concerned by that
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind trying two-faction Cyro, like Nirn vs Coldharbour or something. Watching the low pop last place faction get double teamed and gated, over and over... players simply don't understand and/or don't care how tri faction PvP is supposed to work, especially when you get the same AP and kills for stomping last further into last (all 3 factions find themselves on the wrong end of this at some point). Nevermind the exponentially worsening lag from tri faction fights...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think "dream" is they key here.

It won't happen.

It would render a lot of stuff in the game irrelevant.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the three banners war ends the game needs a new logo.
    PC EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't look too deep into it, was the same with elsweyr when some people thought end of war was literally a pve Cyrodiil. The most you can hope for is some another big zone but fragmented one for pvp instead but it's still unlikely to kill off old content, achievements etc. Those "dreams" would be endless fuel for new story lines really.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS only likes the 3 Banners War as a concept, and seem to completely resent the actual PvP war and its zone.
    Every now and then they refer to it as a central theme of the ESO universe, then they go back to ignoring it
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd personally like to see a 2 faction system in place of the 3 factions. Would reduce 2 factions working together to constantly gate and farm 1 faction. Obviously there's more important issues with PvP that need to be addressed such as lag, glitches, skills not going off, etc...
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind trying two-faction Cyro, like Nirn vs Coldharbour or something. Watching the low pop last place faction get double teamed and gated, over and over... players simply don't understand and/or don't care how tri faction PvP is supposed to work, especially when you get the same AP and kills for stomping last further into last (all 3 factions find themselves on the wrong end of this at some point). Nevermind the exponentially worsening lag from tri faction fights...
    I couldn’t agree with this more.
    Well said.
    At least have one campaign open for two factions and some semblance of equality in population.
    It hardly ever is, or ever has been a true three faction battle. As you pointed out. At some point, all have experienced the push to their gates while the other two refuse to fight each other. Rarely is it ever a situation of the two weaker and less populated factions grouping against the one in first or the one with the scrolls. Some have argued against going two faction war as it breaks the “lore”. It’s a fantasy game. They can write in whatever they like and add or change the story as they see fit. Plus, it’s not pve. Most of us want honest and fair fights, not easy wins because we’re using the other faction as a crutch.
    Edited by Delphinia on February 18, 2022 12:11PM
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the deadra they have in fargrave, I could see Zos adding some of them as playable races. Using that, create a nirn vs Oblivion faction in Cyrodill like was kinda mentioned earlier. And then no matter what race you are you can still pick whatever side you wanna be on just like it is now.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 fraction PvP would be a really bad idea and will hopefully never happen to ESO. Just look at Warhammer online.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be great to get a truce between all factions and finally peace in Cyrodiil. There is some much empty space in this zone. Give each of us an acre of it, former emporers maybe two, and let us build custom houses on our piece of land.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a dreaaaaaaammmmmmm - of just a game with slightly higher than marginal performance overall. Change or add whatever [snip] you want just make it perform decent.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 25, 2022 6:58PM
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • DarkStrifeYT
    DarkStrifeYT
    ✭✭✭
    Lore wise: talos, numinium, ect will only end the 3 banner conflict, but that isn't for atleast a long long long time.
    I am dark strife. Khajiit since arena... ya know when they were humans... with face paint... still khajiit only all games...
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lore wise: talos, numinium, ect will only end the 3 banner conflict, but that isn't for atleast a long long long time.

Based on the lore I remember reading, the three alliances and the Cyrodiilic Empire all collapse as organizations before Talos even shows up. The entire continent is essentially in 'local warlord' mode. Between the three Alliances utterly exhausting themselves in perpetual war (and then collapsing as political entities) for a couple decades, Cyrodiil being plowed over like Germany was during the 30 Years War since it's the primary battlefield and essentially depopulated, and the aborted invasion by Coldharbor (thanks to the Vestige) the entire continent will end up being ripe to be conquered.

Which Talos / Tiber Septim does.

Quick Note about the empires. The Septim Empire was known as the Third Empire. The first was the Empire of St Alessia, who rebelled against and overthrew the Ayleids. Alessia's priesthood became super corrupt after her death and corruption and war eventually lead to the collapse of that one.

The Second Empire is the one that's collapsing in game right now, the one the Prophet was the final true Emperor of (even if he was a Usurper). It was founded by Reman Cyrodiil, who would give the Imperial province it's name. The Longhouse Emperors eventually overthrew his dynasty, and had dealings with Daedra. The Usurper (the Prophet) overthrew them and the rest is in game as the empire collapses due to his hubris and the machinations of Mannimarco.

The Third Empire is the one of Oblivion and Skyrim and was founded by Talos / Tiber Septim.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind trying two-faction Cyro, like Nirn vs Coldharbour or something.

I’d do Mania vs. Dementia and set it in the Shivering Isles. And not let anyone choose their faction when they queue in; it assigns you to whichever is lower pop. If I was ZOS.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    What 3 banners? You mean the 2 banners war of AD/EP vs DC?
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kordai wrote: »
    What 3 banners? You mean the 2 banners war of AD/EP vs DC?

Hop over to PS4/5 NA GH Server and it's the complete opposite. AD is CONSTANTLY being gated by both DC/EP with DC taking the entire left side all the day down to BB and EP taking the entire right side all the way down to BM, this was even happening last night.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd number of factions will always end with 2 crushing 1 then worrying about one another. Ever play Risk with 3 players?
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Rhavein
    Rhavein
    ✭✭✭
    i think it would greatly improve pvp experience if we have some kind of warlord/mercenary style faction as 4th or siding with imperials. since we know from the lore (yeah it can be bend of course), the three banners war taking its toll on the alliances, the 4th faction hostile to everyone and plays for objective (like claim a keep for one of the three alliances to have some golds, sets, motif, style idk) for a certain alliance to give them upper hand would be nice. it is like i am running with a group, we siege chalman, capture it from EP and claim it for AD and like provide faction boost + some kind of meaningful reward.

this 4th side of the war not only will give many players to escape from the vicious cycle of green/purple/orange alliance thing, but also will revive the war and many veterans would be back.

they can res/rest in the cities like cheydinhal or chorrol or similar and it would be a nice thing to be honest.
    Gaehr
    Necro, Ninja, Goalkeeper
    Firehearts
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should unite the 3 banners and create a new second faction aligned with cold harbour. Give everyone a free faction change for each character. Add new objectives in Cyro, such as creating larger blocks of territory that cover multiple keeps, outposts and a town.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr