The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unable to pay for ESO+, because...

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to buy one year membership for 460pln but need to pay with PayPal wallet. It's the only way.
Unfortunately purchasing from ZOS website directs me to PayPal website and after logging, demands to connect PayPal account with debit or credit card.
I don't have credit card.
I will not give critical data for debit card, for a safety reasons.
I had the same issues 3-4 years ago when I was buying ESO+ for the first time, and then stopped due this highly inconvenient payments.
Apparently nothing changed.

By the way why all purchases are still "recurring"?
I shouldn't really care, if I need single time membership that will expire after 12 months.
Subscribing swtor for years with PayPal no card... and here any time I try to buy ESO+ I get the same annoying issue .
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1- If you are european, check if paysafecards exist in your zone.

2- I heard ppl can buy cards and than add money to them. They are like credit cards, but empty until you deposite money.

3- Buy eso on steam and go to a big mall near you and buy steam cards.

4- go to a big mall near you and buy steam card and link eso to your steam acc and buy eso plus on steam? Not sure if it works
    Edited by francesinhalover on March 15, 2022 3:36AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes I am European and I could pay by paysafecard, but that is another problem.
    Paysafecard authorised sellers charge an average 10% of each card value.
    To pay 460pln for ESO+, I have to buy 4 cards (2x200 + 2x30).
    Then instead of paying 460pln for game, I'd have to spend over 506 pln. 110€ instead of 95€.

I'm not so desperate, to let someone rob me from my money only because company is too lazy to secure more flexible payment methods. I generally dislike EA but in SWTOR they don't force anyone for recurring payments and accept an option for a PayPal without debit/credit card. For this I respect EA. Sadly cannot tell it about ZOS who reproduce the same issue for years.

Again I feel like a second category customer who has money, but meets with a wall and doesn't buy anything. This wall is a seller who doesn't care for single client because he has a lot others, and feels there is no need to face such problems with open mind and flexible solutions.

Steam - I don't think I can buy on steam and connect with non-steam client. Anyway Thank you for your feedback.
    Edited by Gargath on March 15, 2022 9:45PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."