The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Player using NPS can't report in game because name matches NPS Zanil Theron

Cin_Vhetin
Cin_Vhetin
✭✭
Hey ESO
Coldharbour NPS Zanil Theron has been possessed by player - going on right now!!! 3/11/22 at 4:49pm PST.
No one can interact with NPS
Do something please!
THANK YOU
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 14, 2022 9:45PM
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming this is in EU as NPC in NA is perfectly fine. Just went over there to check. How does anyone take possessin of a NPC anyways? I am super curious on what's happening. I have literally never heard of this before. Could you post a video of it?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it’s not just a player controlled “doppelgänger” and the actual NPC just hadn’t appeared yet? I expect that to be the case. On the PC NA server someone created a look-alike with almost identical name that I tried with some confusion to interact with before I realized! :lol:
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a player (PCNA) dressed and named like Zanil because he is suppose to turn up same time as Golden Vendor but has been 1 hour late for awhile now so this player gets creative for a hour till the real one turns up.

LOL, just a joke! Smile and laugh. No need to report it. :)
    Edited by James-Wayne on March 12, 2022 2:56AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Cin_Vhetin
    Cin_Vhetin
    ✭✭
    Thank you James-Wayne for explaining this; I thought it was an unending exploit having never encountered it before. The player was obviously new-made for the purpose. When I realized it was non-reportable in-game I posted the report to three sections of the forum hoping one might be read, never imagining the report would get any attention at all. So I appreciate the responses from everyone, including having two of the reports closed down as duplicate; shows me there's actually someone paying attention here :smile:
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP's question has been answered we will now close this ongoing discussion. The link below goes over how to report a player in game.

How do I report a player on PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.