Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deadly strikes and sorcerer skills.

preevious
preevious
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey, all

I have a question about the interaction between sorc skills and the set that buffs DoTs and channeling abilities by 15%, deadly strikes.

Are the pet's basic attacks DoTs, and do they benefit from that set? I suppose the volatile familiar explosion is, but what about their basic attacks?
And good old cristal frag? I suppose the instant cast is not channeled, but the hard cast .. does it benefit from this set?

Thanks for any insight.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet basic attacks are direct, and even hard cast frags does not benefit. It should work with Boundless Storm and Lightning Flood, maybe also the scamp's pulse, but that's not enough to make Deadly work on Sorc.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

That's a bit disappointing, but I suppose that, otherwise, it would be too powerful.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »
    Thanks

That's a bit disappointing, but I suppose that, otherwise, it would be too powerful.

I guess so, but I do like that Templar has a unique gear option. It's similar to when DK's had Elf Bane, Necromancers had Succession, or Nightblades had Scathing, and no other class could use these effectively. Much more interesting than 6 classes all wearing Kinra + Bahsei.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think deadly would would be feasible if you were on a stam sorc

duel wield you have plenty of dot, and flurry gets boost due to being channeled
    2h also gets boost quite a bit if you were using maelstrom 2h + stampede

then top it off with hurricane

i do not know if the boundless armaments proc counts as a dot or several hits of direct dmg

i dont think it would work well on a mag build though, although it might be OK with the overload heavy attack (since that is a channel technically)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

I guess so, but I do like that Templar has a unique gear option. It's similar to when DK's had Elf Bane, Necromancers had Succession, or Nightblades had Scathing, and no other class could use these effectively. Much more interesting than 6 classes all wearing Kinra + Bahsei.

Or back when master architect was meta for nbs
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, all

I have a question about the interaction between sorc skills and the set that buffs DoTs and channeling abilities by 15%, deadly strikes.

Are the pet's basic attacks DoTs, and do they benefit from that set? I suppose the volatile familiar explosion is, but what about their basic attacks?
    And good old cristal frag? I suppose the instant cast is not channeled, but the hard cast .. does it benefit from this set?

Thanks for any insight.

Btw eso hub says bound armaments is a dot affected by thaumaturge. Thats a lie.

Also ppl said cloak from dw increased advc yokeda stacks, thats also a lie.

Now obviously stam sorc works well with deadly strikes, same for dk

You use rapid strikes spammable.

Barbed trap , unstable familiar proc , entropy, lightning splash , necrotic orb , rending slashes , deadly cloak , scalding rune , entropy , hurricane or the other morph, other wep skills are all dot abilities that can be used.

Now obviously jabs > rapid strikes anydays because z wont buff rapid.

Personaly i use rapid strikes but i am not a deadly strike set user, i preffer leviathan, and if i go serious kinras body + advc yokeda weps.
    Edited by francesinhalover on March 13, 2022 10:47AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, all

Thanks for any insight.

Btw eso hub says bound armaments is a dot affected by thaumaturge. Thats a lie.

Also ppl said cloak from dw increased advc yokeda stacks, thats also a lie.

Now obviously stam sorc works well with deadly strikes, same for dk

You use rapid strikes spammable.

Barbed trap , unstable familiar proc , entropy, lightning splash , necrotic orb , rending slashes , deadly cloak , scalding rune , entropy , hurricane or the other morph, other wep skills are all dot abilities that can be used.

Now obviously jabs > rapid strikes anydays because z wont buff rapid.

Personaly i use rapid strikes but i am not a deadly strike set user, i preffer leviathan, and if i go serious kinras body + advc yokeda weps.

bound armaments was probably benefitting from thaumaturge at some point (likely due to a bug), but todays patch notes noted that this skill should be considered only direct dmg which is why it would no longer benefit from thaumaturge (bug fixed)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do lightning heavy attacks benefit from Deadly Strikes? They are channeled but not sure if "abilities".
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Do lightning heavy attacks benefit from Deadly Strikes? They are channeled but not sure if "abilities".

Yes, they are abilities, but the final tick is direct damage.