The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Incorrect map pins for World Bosses, Dolmens and Delves after U33

HowellQagan
HowellQagan
✭✭✭
I have 100% map completion and yet the icons show that I have none of these completed.

Took screenshot with all addons turned off:
wq42egfhcq2q.jpg

edit: same for Ritual Sites in W Skyrim + Reach, Giant Camps in W Skyrim, Clan Camps in Reach, Geysers in Summerset.
Edited by HowellQagan on March 14, 2022 3:52PM
That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: relogging simply to the same character did not fix it. However, logging onto an alt and back to the main did. I'm not sure what's going on but feels like there is a logic mistake in the AWA merger.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i believe that this was a known issue that was pointed out many many many times in the bug/feedback threads on the PTS

zone guide will show as complete because its tied to achievements, but the items will still show black for your character on the map (from what i remember being said it gets even more weird with stuff like delves, as they will show black until you explore them then they show as complete)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Aleswall
    Aleswall
    ✭✭
    I had this earlier and turning addons off and then back on again fixed it for me.
  • wolfgirlb14_ESO
    wolfgirlb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've never used addons for anything. I was finishing up Murkmire stuff over the weekend and have been doing dailies there. Logging in today the icons for delves and world bosses are black even though my character has completed them all. Approaching two of them didn't change anything.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and a few guildies are having this issue as well. It is not an addon related issue as disabling all addons and reloading/relogging do not work
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never used addons for anything. I was finishing up Murkmire stuff over the weekend and have been doing dailies there. Logging in today the icons for delves and world bosses are black even though my character has completed them all. Approaching two of them didn't change anything.

i have occasionally had this issue where it reset that i had completed stuff before (my main finished achievement in blackwood for the ayleid wells, and there was some patch between that and deadlands which reset those on the map)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and a few guildies are having issues with this as well. Turning off addons and turning them back on as well as relogging did not work
  • wolfgirlb14_ESO
    wolfgirlb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing a Root-Whisper daily and when I came out of the village everything was white again.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, just confirming we're aware of this issue and are working on getting it fixed. We've found /reloadui does fix the issue in some cases if you haven't tried that yet.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards are bugged too.

All this was ALREADY REPORTED on the PTS.

Nobody listened.
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    ReloadUI did not fix it for myself, The ski-Shards are also bugged... I just also wanted to add that when playing it is as if you are discovering the map as a new player if it helps to pinpoint the bug.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me and relogging to the same character fixed it.
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    For me, when I first notice this my character was in a owned house after recall/teleport outside of another owned house the map icons fixed itself. So, my solution when I log in & notice it I just teleport to outside of a house.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on March 15, 2022 7:19AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • BlueDragon90
    BlueDragon90
    ✭✭
    had this happen to me this morning & strangely, it got fixed after changing zone
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's only a temporary fix, on next login it may or may not show incorrect map pins again.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a massive feedback thread (currently 76K views, 2.8K comments!) where your players reported all sorts of account-wide achievements issues and requested for this feature to not yet go Live.

That thread gets significantly more views than the patch notes themselves. In-game there is going to be so much confusion....

By launching AwA in this broken state you basically just told us our feedback is worthless :neutral:

Edited by Vaoh on March 15, 2022 9:34PM
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me in Northern Elsewyr doing a daily delve quest. As soon as I was done and warped back to Rimmen to finish the quest it resolved itself.
  • iyx
    iyx
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, it repeats every time I log into the game, immediate relog fixes it.
    This is ridiculous, I've been playing since 2016 and in all this time I have not written as many bug reports as after this patch.
  • TaeRai
    TaeRai
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, logged onto main and all icons are black but I have 100% completed area. Add-ons on or off does not change the issue.

1d3rfzjsfhnk.jpg

PC-NA | Roleplayer and skooma addict

~Master crafter, main character and achievement sponge~ Nimah Twice-Cursed | Bosmer werewolf | StamBlade DPS
    Anja Cold-Heart | Nord vampire | Nightblade tank
    Arven Vayn | Bosmer | Warden tank
    Faline Deathsinger | Altmer vampire | Magden DPS
    Fyriian | Altmer | PetSorc DPS
    Indriin Blackclaw | Bosmer | Stamden double-bow DPS
    Rhav'vet | 'Tsaesci' | Stamcro DPS
    Rivyn Dralas | Dunmer | MagDK DPS
    Runs-Through-Mud | Argonian | Templar healer
    Slays-Many-Beasts | Argonian | StamDK DPS
    Sleeps-In-Shadows | Argonian half-vampire | Magblade healer
    Tagarn Vayn | Bosmer | Dragonknight tank
    ~
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    @TaeRai Changing zones fixes it until you log out.
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a complete mess since the last major upgrade. The map is completely inconsistent, with what my current character has done, with what all my characters has done and with itself after a reload or zone change.

It makes it very difficult if you are trying to complete a zone with a new character.
  • Aesther
    Aesther
    Soul Shriven
    Solution: relogging simply to the same character did not fix it. However, logging onto an alt and back to the main did. I'm not sure what's going on but feels like there is a logic mistake in the AWA merger.

Thx man! Other solutions did not work but this worked for me. Not a permanent solution tho. I need to repeat this everytime I close & re-launch the game.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, just confirming we're aware of this issue and are working on getting it fixed. We've found /reloadui does fix the issue in some cases if you haven't tried that yet.
    This bug should be fixed as of today: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601133/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-3-6

• Aesther
    Aesther
    Soul Shriven
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    This bug should be fixed as of today: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601133/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-3-6

Thanks man I checked it and it's working good now.

Also thx to you devs! It's always great to see you here listening to players and taking care of the game. Keep up the good work!

I should mention tho, map is working fine but the compass remains with the same problem for now. Not a big deal but HowellQagan's method works with the compass too if anyone want to temp-fix it.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Gina, this bug still exists partially. Pins on the compass are still affected by this exact same phenomenon, changing zones fixes it for the current session (i.e. until loggin out with that character).