The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server disconnects causing a serious headache. Pls help.

TheWoanderer
TheWoanderer
✭✭✭
* Changed title to reflect true problems
* Please Help.

Logging on to any toon and there is a 5 second or more lag on almost every action and then suddenly I can't select anything and I sit and wait for a server disconnect error or you need a valid internet connection. I try to run and I'm slow and then suddenly speed up. Sometimes as I attack something. I'm doing the actions but the enemy is just standing there and after about 5 to 8 seconds suddenly just dies.
This has been going on for 3 days now.... And is driving me bonkers.

I'm trying to collect skyshards on a healer which takes longer anyway so understand the intense frustration this is causing and also the confusion.
Why is this happening?
What do I do to fix it?
I've restarted my router multiple times.
I've done hard resets on my Xbox multiple times.

After being away for nearly 8 months this is a very frustrating problem to return to and would greatly appreciate any help.
Edited by TheWoanderer on March 14, 2022 12:02PM
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted Save Data

Logged back in and just sat for about 15 seconds attacking a troll and nothing happened. Suddenly I'm attacking and when trying to loot had even more lack and then screen freaked out and I'm faced with Error 318....
    Dropped from server for hitting message limit.

• TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Error 303 now
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Loading profile failed.... You do not currently have network connectivity etc etc.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    And simply a Login Failed
    Connection to server timed out.
    Please try again later.

• TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Now happening on other toons. Though not quite as drastic.
    My second creation is certainly exhibiting the issues far more intensely than other toons.
    Not even going to bother to log in to the other 7 to see how they are being affected as that will be another hour wasted and already 3 hours have passed in utter frustration.

Can't play like this as it is most certainly not a pleasant experience and the frustration of the past 3 days has caught up with me.

• TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please look into this.
    Day 4 and this is still happening.
    Have logged on to do my daily writs across my 9 toons and it is a nightmare.

I've just laid out £140ish to return to ESO and this is simply not right.
    A confirmation on this concern would be genuinely appreciated.

Other players are jumping around all over the screen, disappearing and reappearing.... selecting options is lagging really badly.
    I'm still getting booted with unable to connect to game server issues but my Xbox suggestions are showing which do not if my internet has gone down.

It's a terrible experience.
    Only began since the last maintenance.

Before this the game was running really really well to the point that I was impressed with how well some things had improved since my departure at the end of the anniversary event last year.

• TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Changed the title to reflect the true nature of the problem.

Ticket number 220313-001861

I can't even get in for 3 minutes now before game freezes and drops server connection.
    As I have said previously.
    I've hard reset console multiple times
    I've restarted router multiple times
    I've deleted save data
    I've done connectivity checks and tests on my Xbox

Flummoxed to say the least.
    Any help, advice or even confirmation would be genuinely appreciated.

• TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Touching every piece of wood around me as I don't want to jinx it. But I seem to be back to normal.
    A huge thank you to anyone who helped, if someone did of course.

Back to the tedious task of SHARDing my healer.

Was not my greatest idea to have my healer as a second crafter 🤔
    But doing so has seriously made me appreciate companions 👍

Fingers crossed, still have 5 zones to Shard

Back to Tamriel

• TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke too soon

I'm done.

Error 301
    Edited by TheWoanderer on March 14, 2022 7:02PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

If you respond back to your ticket 220313-001861, it will be re-opened so you can get further help from our support team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post