The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Self heals ruining pvp/other issues

Mulgorrah
Mulgorrah
✭✭
I run a healing spec in pvp, and it seems like in the past week or so ago there was a huge shift in either my ability to heal or the damage output in the average dps of a player. It seems like I can't keep up with the damage, and my ability to survive has decreased significantly. I'm running all healing sets, and it seems like my breath of life's ability to heal decreased. That with poisons, I can go from 39k magicka to 0 in literally 1 second. How is that a viable mechanic in a game? It's really just broken and should be nerfed if anything. I'm not sure what they did but bg's seem way more unbalanced now than they were a couple of weeks ago.
  • Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    I forgot to clarify the title, and now it seems like a lot of players are running around as dps builds and can run away and just heal themselves quickly, which wasn't always the case before. Meanwhile my own heals seem inadequate to keep my group going.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because of the damage creep throughout the game, self healing has also increased exponentially as well. This is because your healing tool tips are bound to your WD/SD. So DDs actually have more raw healing compared to healer builds, who usually build for more sustain and resistance, rather than damage. So with increased self healing coupled with everyone and their mother using a resto to stack h.o.ts makes it very difficult for non damage builds to even make an impact on a DD's health bar. This is also why they can also heal themselves from 25% to full from one self heal and then turn around and give you a good smack. In regards to healers, I think that because of these factors their role has changed as well. A little extra healing is nice, but not usually needed. Healers are more appreciated for their abilities to buff their allies, to help with their sustain, and to purge negative effects (Although with PB even that's tricky to do) more than anything these days.

I agree, the healing in this game is out of control and I fear it might get worse with players now being able to pull from both mag and stam heals via the hybrid changes. I don't think nerfing is healing is the solution, but i think separating it from SD/WD and joining it to your max mag/stam pool would help. That way DDs wouldn't get free high healing tool tips with their damage. Instead, healers building for larger stat pools would. And as a result, healers would have more of an identity again.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on March 12, 2022 1:08AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think self heals are fine and cross healing is a larger problem.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you may both be seeing the same problem but calling it by a slightly different name. The problem is cross healing, true, but it is that way perhaps because so many dps are running high powered heals. I mean when you run into one of the many groups with 10 templars roaming around… do you suppose 3 of them are the dedicated healers and 7 of them are dps? Or are they ALL healers and ALL also dps?

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

I think you may both be seeing the same problem but calling it by a slightly different name. The problem is cross healing, true, but it is that way perhaps because so many dps are running high powered heals. I mean when you run into one of the many groups with 10 templars roaming around… do you suppose 3 of them are the dedicated healers and 7 of them are dps? Or are they ALL healers and ALL also dps?

Nah I get that. I actually would prefer everyone does their own healing as even with having to dedicate to healing; in a game mode like Cyrodiil you could still just bring more healers as you're not really limited to how many players you bring. Just the amount you see in your group, so it just encourages stacking. Then to limit self heals would be to favor classes less dependent and screw the ones that healing is their main defense
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on March 12, 2022 12:30PM
  • Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    All I know is, something changed in the past few weeks for me in BGs. My character's gear hasn't changed at all, but I'm now dying a lot faster, usually within 2-3 seconds of engaging with an enemy if there's a stun involved. Breaking stun actually takes time, and by the time I break my stun it's too late. My heals actually seem to be just about as effective as they were, but I guess what I'm noticing now is that I'm dying much faster than before, so I'm overall less effective as a healer.

If there was a damage creep, I don't like it. Whatever they did, it ruined whatever semblance of balance existed prior to the change in my view. Upping overall damage was not the answer, if anything just rebalance certain classes or abilities that were OP and don't just increase overall damage output of everyone.
  • Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    As a healer during the pvp event in BGs, I was usually top 1 or 2 spot on my team. Now I'm around the bottom, which is evidence enough for me that whatever they did broke my gameplay. I recall they've done something like this before years ago and it made me leave pvp for a long ass time.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mulgorrah wrote: »
    All I know is, something changed in the past few weeks for me in BGs. .

Have there been any updates affecting this in the past few weeks? That is the first place to look if something recently changed.
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    Did you do a lot of pvp before Midyear Mayhem, and if so was there any difference? I ask because a ton of players that really only pve come to the event and leave the minute its over. Which weeds out the squishies leaving the fully geared hard-hitting pvpers.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mulgorrah wrote: »
    As a healer during the pvp event in BGs, I was usually top 1 or 2 spot on my team. Now I'm around the bottom, which is evidence enough for me that whatever they did broke my gameplay. I recall they've done something like this before years ago and it made me leave pvp for a long ass time.

Couple of things could have happened. Both involve the level of competition. Might have been PvEers doing the event and now you are getting PvPers. Or you moved up in the little background rating system. Probably both as there probably is only one tier worth of players playing now that the event is over.
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    Every class can heal just as good as a healer without being a soft target and hitting hard. There is no trinity in pvp like in other games where you have to decide what to sacrifice to improve in another area. It's not balanced.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Get ready for the next patch too. It's going to be even more annoying and insane.

Nothing better than 2-3 Templars running Major/Minor Courage and Powerful Assault between themselves.

12k Jabs hitting you plus Burning light of 6k is pretty much instant death. Good luck healing through that.

__._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    As a healer you dont have more self healing than as a DD(probably less). You heal yourself, you heal the tanks dds(thats why you are a healer), the dds and tanks heal themselfes but they dont heal you back. If you use radiant regen and echoing vigor you also have worse healing morphs for self heal. And you dont have more wpn dmg/stam for higher tooltips.
    And outhealing a good mag dk or templar 1v1 seems almost impossible.
    Edited by Iriidius on April 24, 2022 11:33AM