The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Should I wait for Update 33 to reconstruct Stamblade PVE build?

Seminolegirl1992
Seminolegirl1992
✭✭✭✭✭
I main a magsorc and magdk for pve, so I have no idea what's best for stamina dps. With this event I've been collecting transmutes to gear out several of my alts (some of them are wearing pieced together gear from years past). Since March is rapidly approaching, I'm wondering if I should wait to make new gear for my Stamblade. I know the meta is becoming more hybridized. Tried seeing if any Update 33 build guides were out yet. I am decidedly not a theory crafter in the slightest, so I wanted to ask if anyone has advice on a Stamblade build that would work just fine for Update 33 for PVE content (solo or otherwise, idc). Thanks!
@Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer

Best Answers

• Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the meta will change too much aside from being able to use more class healing skills so any current builds out there probably won't change much either, if at all. Even though hybridization is happening, cost reduction and recovery stats (medium armor passives in stamblade's case) will still remain important for whatever your spammable skills are.

For solo PvE I currently I use Dragonguard Elite, Briarheart, 1 piece Slimecraw, and a mythic or another 1 piece monster set with w/e stat I think I need, all medium, all divines. Could also do light head and light shoulders for slightly more crit and penetration rating. Precise Greatsword frontbar because two-hander is just better than anything else, especially for soloing. There's definitely better setups out there, like Tzogvin would be better than Dragonguard Elite but that's a lot more grind than I can tolerate right now.
    Answer ✓
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you could get away with something like PON and Relequen from now until they nerf proc sets again. Or swap Relequen for Kinras if you wish and lose 1-2K DPS. Kinras stack are easy to keep up when it’s on the body.

The options from the post above are also OK if you aren’t trying to do endgame content.

You have more exotic setups with double area weapons like DW BRP front, 2H VMA back, kilt, 5pc nirn/Kinras/Rele/Tzogvin body and 2pc crit rings. You could run masters daggers front bar also and BRP back. Lots of options to look at.

PON jewely with front bar daggers and vMA 2H backbar+ Kinras body, kilt and 1pc light Slimecraw or Kra’gh is probably the most consistent setup you will have and not have to worry about proc conditions. Rele body with Kinras front will out parse it but this will likely outperform that setup in content.
    Answer ✓
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I'm thinking, rele body and kinras front bar (2h or dw?). I just didn't want to waste transmutes if that's going to be changing come Update 33. Or Pillars. I've never tried that set before. Thanks guys for the tips :D
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new Damage Dealer sets don’t seem all that impressive. Bahsei would be kind of hard to manage on a stamblade since anything you touch will return 1000 magicka when it dies, the small magic pool keeps filling fast at random intervals as you fight. It’s actually a pretty awesome hybrid class, enjoy!
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a magsorc and magdk for pve, so I have no idea what's best for stamina dps. With this event I've been collecting transmutes to gear out several of my alts (some of them are wearing pieced together gear from years past). Since March is rapidly approaching, I'm wondering if I should wait to make new gear for my Stamblade. I know the meta is becoming more hybridized. Tried seeing if any Update 33 build guides were out yet. I am decidedly not a theory crafter in the slightest, so I wanted to ask if anyone has advice on a Stamblade build that would work just fine for Update 33 for PVE content (solo or otherwise, idc). Thanks!

U33 changes everything because of the scaling changes rather than the sets. The set changes are not big - Bahsei gets a much needed nerf, Dark Convergence gets a decidely not-needed boost. The ability to get magicka scaling skills on a stamblade to hit just as hard as a magblade however changes a lot of stuff.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭

U33 changes everything because of the scaling changes rather than the sets. The set changes are not big - Bahsei gets a much needed nerf, Dark Convergence gets a decidely not-needed boost. The ability to get magicka scaling skills on a stamblade to hit just as hard as a magblade however changes a lot of stuff.

Dark convergence is getting...boosted? :o wai
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Impale gives Bow/Bow a nice execute but I’m not sure how you’ll sustain it. Orbs may be somewhat decent in content as well but that’s true for all classes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark convergence is getting...boosted? :o wai

not so much boosted as they are fixing a bug with it, but the bug fix is going to start making it do a lot more dmg again (at least in a large group)

(currently the scaling dmg is broken, supposed to be +50% per target but this doesnt work, it will be fixed in U33)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not so much boosted as they are fixing a bug with it, but the bug fix is going to start making it do a lot more dmg again (at least in a large group)

(currently the scaling dmg is broken, supposed to be +50% per target but this doesnt work, it will be fixed in U33)

It's an *enormous* boost for PvE where it was already completely insane if used properly. Thankfully I play noproc pvp
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an *enormous* boost for PvE where it was already completely insane if used properly. Thankfully I play noproc pvp

my understanding is that it should obtain numbers similar or higher numbers than original DC, but only when it is hitting a mob larger than like 6-8 enemies (i dont remember the exact threshold it would surpass the original)

in certain cases where there are huge mobs (first pull of HRC, or the "dwemer army" boss in darkshade 2) you likely could scale much higher than original DC dmg due to the faster scaling
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use teleport strike mag version has a dot
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!