The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ward Master CP and Magicka Shields

Patro
Patro
✭✭✭
Hi! I would like to have some clarification on Ward Master champion point, in the description it seems to increase the mitigation of the magic shields too but doing some tests it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have information regarding it?
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you mean by "magic shields"?
  • Patro
    Patro
    ✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    what do you mean by "magic shields"?

Conjured Ward, Annulment, Steadfast Ward, etc.
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on PS4 and can confirm it doesn’t seem to be working. The tooltip isn’t very clear on how much it increases mitigation. It just says it does. Would love some clarity on this as well please!
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It might be bugged, but it's not going to be a huge number by itself.

It's increasing damage reduction of your BLOCKING if you also happen to have a damage shield on you at the same time.

Blocking itself is already 50% reduction. I'm not sure if that means Ward Master gives effectively 55% (+10% of 50) or 60% (10% added to 50). The CP gives 10% when fully maxed, only 2% at the first checkpoint so that would be barely noticeable.

Either way, the damage shield numbers shouldn't be impacted at all. A 4000 absorbing damage shield will still absorb 4000 damage. You will simply be taking less damage per attack while you block.

Edited by Fennwitty on February 25, 2022 8:26PM
    PC NA
  • Draxund
    Draxund
    ✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    It's increasing damage reduction of your BLOCKING if you also happen to have a damage shield on you at the same time.

Ahhh, now THIS may explain things. The tooltip is a bit unclear, and I used to think it was increasing my mitigation anytime I had a damage shield up and/or anytime I was blocking (like either one of those scenarios). But you're stating that you have to be doing both of those things at the same time... interesting. For my use case, that's not happening enough to justify that CP slot. Thanks!