The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Perfect Stinging Slashes how does this set work?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't understand this set...

Does it make the dot stronger? Is it a viable replacement to other dw arena sets?
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It increases each instance of damage by the stated amount. That means each of the first two direct damage slashes, as well as each tick of the damage-over-time. I'm not sure how many times it ticks.

I use this with Rending Slashes for PvP, and the morph and item set turn it into my spammable. Whether it would work for you depends on your build and what you're trying to do, but I've mostly seen it used in PvP.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It increases each instance of damage by the stated amount. That means each of the first two direct damage slashes, as well as each tick of the damage-over-time. I'm not sure how many times it ticks.

I use this with Rending Slashes for PvP, and the morph and item set turn it into my spammable. Whether it would work for you depends on your build and what you're trying to do, but I've mostly seen it used in PvP.

Is there a arena set for whirlwind?
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an arena set that I am aware of, but the two piece weapon set Chaotic Whirlwind drops from Asylum Sanctorium.

(2 items) When you cast Whirlwind, you gain a stack of Chaotic Whirlwind for 5 seconds, granting you 5% Movement Speed per stack, up to a maximum of 5 times. While Chaotic Whirlwind is active, you gain 6 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage for every 1% bonus Movement Speed you have, up to a maximum of 450. At 5 stacks, the duration doubles but cannot be refreshed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    Not an arena set that I am aware of, but the two piece weapon set Chaotic Whirlwind drops from Asylum Sanctorium.

(2 items) When you cast Whirlwind, you gain a stack of Chaotic Whirlwind for 5 seconds, granting you 5% Movement Speed per stack, up to a maximum of 5 times. While Chaotic Whirlwind is active, you gain 6 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage for every 1% bonus Movement Speed you have, up to a maximum of 450. At 5 stacks, the duration doubles but cannot be refreshed.

i used to use this one before it was heavily nerfed for absolutely no reason lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i used to use this one before it was heavily nerfed for absolutely no reason lol

This set completely changed twice. Dot duration extension for DW skills was niche but powerful, then it was just a copy of Deadly Cloak, now it's speedy Vat 2h for some reason. The stack duration totally kills it IMO, the cost of Whirling Blades is just too high for 450 sd/wd. Great for stamsorcs if you can sustain it.
    Edited by robpr on March 2, 2022 7:06AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

This set completely changed twice. Dot duration extension for DW skills was niche but powerful, then it was just a copy of Deadly Cloak, now it's speedy Vat 2h for some reason. The stack duration totally kills it IMO, the cost of Whirling Blades is just too high for 450 sd/wd. Great for stamsorcs if you can sustain it.

i used it when it had the dot ticks, and i actually liked that version

the current version is useless though so i ended up changing my toon to be maelstrom 2h with stampede instead
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014