The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should stams use Lover on vet dlc dungeons?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
A stam lacks pen. Lets say he has 2 light pieces he still only has 2400 pen.
Lover gives 4700 pen.

But is it worth it compared to thief, shadow or warrior?

What would you do?
Edited by francesinhalover on February 26, 2022 12:19PM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!

Should stams use Lover on vet dlc dungeons? 17 votes

Use Lover
23%
delta_mysticNorghIron_WarriorxLe00 4 votes
Use lover + light armor pieces
5%
Amerises 1 vote
I dont care about pen
11%
SalamanNZTheDuke 2 votes
Other
58%
lolo_01b16_ESOOreyn_BearclawXarcWrathOfInnosHotdog_23Wyrd88Araneae6537Rasande_RobinMudcrabAttackNecrotech_Master 10 votes
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Thief gives more overall damage I believe. Tank generally take 11k armor off enemies.

Stay safe and happy hunting :)
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a sharpened maul / sharpened maces should offer plenty pen.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It’s funny, Im thinking about playing my stam warden more in the future but this hasn’t even crossed my mind, usually I’m on a wood elf nightblade which has lots of penetration already built-in, getting all the way to penetration cap with just one piece of light armor and a pen buff from armor. Probably just have to try with thief and then with lover as long as they’re easy to access from a guild house, or just BYO Alkosh
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on February 28, 2022 2:46PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Using a sharpened maul / sharpened maces should offer plenty pen.

i just do this

my stamplar right now uses sharpened 2h mace, and during trials can hit effective pen of 18k+
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It really depends on your tank. IMO they should be using Pierce Armor (8.9k) Crimson Oath 3.5k) and Infused Crusher (2.1k). That means enemies have 18.2k - 14.5k = 3.7k remaining. You get 1.4k from piercing CP and 939 from one piece light armor, leaving just 1.4k resistance. Many sets have a line of penetration to take care of this, like Tzogvin or a 1pc Kragh with a mythic. Bosmer, Necromancers, Crystal Weapon Sorcs and Flanking nightblades don't even need that. There is no need to use Sharpened, Maces or Lover unless your tank is lacking gear or skills.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Comes down to what your tank is doing for the most part. You could probably make an argument for any DPS to carry some Pen gear for when they get into a group that is just clueless in terms of group pen buffs. Usually, Pen is your best source of damage until you get to that cap, so if you really are getting no help from your group, lover is probably your best option.

That said, most groups outside of a random GF will cover the basics of Pierce Armor and Infused crusher. A high percent are going to run something like Crimson Oath or another pen set. If you really want to cover yourself, you are probably better off carrying some sharp weapons in case you need them once in a while rather than constantly messing with your mundus stone.

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamplar carries a maul, 2h sword and caltrops. All gear divines and I just flip the mundus and/or weapon according to need. For organized groups I'll switch the penetration down to about 4-5K, for solo maybe a bit higher and for some solo arena and pvp I get the maul out and lover.

It's not hard to tweak it to need especially if your guild has mundus stones in the guild hall.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened maul / maces. Except maybe if you're just pugging. Then I usually just expect to get puncture.