The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

About Noxious Sludge in Rockgrove trial

Danzio
Danzio
✭✭
It is actually unclear, how Noxious Sludge mechanic is working... I mean, is it really random targeting or here is some kind of system? Some people in different raid groups mentioned that Sludge targeting 2 furthest players from pools - but how it is calculating? In some of our last raids we tried to put both healers at the center of arena, but still we have 1 healer and 1 dd poisoned, not both healers.
So, I hope somebody can help me with this and explain, how actually this mechanic working? Maybe, some schemes of this one would really help!
PC EU | Proud kwama in Kwama-and-Sujamma | Doing raids, craft and stuff | Healing bosses, taunting group, damaging AOE-mechanics | CP 1900+
MAIN | Halintar | Altmer Templar (healer) | Worshipper of Auri-El
And many other dudes (just... too many)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sludge is totally random. You might be confusing the boss' charge with the sludge, but the two are related.

The charge is at the player furthest away. You want to keep the group between the main tank (at 12:00) and off tank (at 3:00), with a healer in the back (at 6:00) between the rear 2 pools. That is who the group wants the boss to charge. The group should try to keep a clear line of sight between the boss and the healer for the charge. The two pools in the front by the door the boss comes out are the only two pools for the group (other than the back healer) to use for cleansing the sludge, to avoid someone going to a back pool and getting behind the healer, instigating a charge and possibly wiping a good part of the group.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It very much goes to the people that are more neutral positioned to the pools. This is a rough clear of our group when we were first learning. We had one healer at exit door, and the other in the middle of the cross of land. Our dps are supposed to hang near the pool when spit goes out. If someone is too far forward towards the middle of the strip of land, they have a chance to get it. When all of the pools are covered in lava, then it becomes random, since pools don't exist anymore

https://youtu.be/VicmdlBfhQs
  • Danzio
    Danzio
    ✭✭
    The sludge is totally random. You might be confusing the boss' charge with the sludge, but the two are related.

No, I totally know, how to deal with charge (went mainly on kite healer). Question exactly about poisonous spit a.k.a. sludge. And below there is kinda answer:
    It very much goes to the people that are more neutral positioned to the pools.

So, is there a perfect place for kiters, dependent on which pools are lit by havocrel add? As for basic geometry - perhaps it is at center, when 4 clear, and after that - near the orange ones obviously?
    PC EU | Proud kwama in Kwama-and-Sujamma | Doing raids, craft and stuff | Healing bosses, taunting group, damaging AOE-mechanics | CP 1900+
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danzio wrote: »

No, I totally know, how to deal with charge (went mainly on kite healer). Question exactly about poisonous spit a.k.a. sludge. And below there is kinda answer:
    It very much goes to the people that are more neutral positioned to the pools.

So, is there a perfect place for kiters, dependent on which pools are lit by havocrel add? As for basic geometry - perhaps it is at center, when 4 clear, and after that - near the orange ones obviously?

This video was helpful when I was learning to kite heal it. Skip to around 5:30ish if you just want to know about the spit mechanic.

https://youtu.be/arlEXBj-_o8
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is my group is doing is to position the boss right on the corner of the pools with Havoc right next to it outside of enrage radius, while healers chill in the middle and one of them is just a little bit to the right to be the farthest for charges. The sludge is 80-90% thrown on the healers in this. This is not HM, but it should not differ much in HM.
    chpgKzT.png
  • Danzio
    Danzio
    ✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    What is my group is doing is to position the boss right on the corner of the pools with Havoc right next to it outside of enrage radius, while healers chill in the middle and one of them is just a little bit to the right to be the farthest for charges. The sludge is 80-90% thrown on the healers in this. This is not HM, but it should not differ much in HM.

I agree, it kinda nice position! We try it next time, ty