The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wholesome PvP Stories — Mayhem Feb 2022

tsaescishoeshiner
tsaescishoeshiner
✭✭✭✭✭
Here are some of my heart-warming Mayhem highlights from this year:
  • When I was farming bosses in the sewers, my DC group came across a mixed group of 2 AD and 1 EP. After some jumping and light attacks, we realized we were all friendly here. Except my groupmember's bear, who kept biting and bear-punching the bananas, until we figured out how to dismiss it. About a minute after we parted ways without violence, my whole group randomly got a new tick on our "Kill 40 Players" quest.
  • There's this character I have a total aesthetic crush on who I always see in the sewer base. Like, they just have great style, a great name, and an air of mystery. This Mayhem, we wound up in a pug group together and zerged down outnumbered PvPers! Magic was in the air. Maybe next time, we'll say hi ...
  • I messaged a few fellow magblades from enemy teams who either came to a draw with me, or completely obliterated me in one shot, and got some solid build suggestions from them. It's nice to send people a nice message sometimes. : p
  • I healed for a few groups fighting Molag Bal. After a few futile attempts at explaining how to prevent being bombed over and over again, I settled for meteoring the AD bombers and indirectly taking my groupmates' Tel Var back. This happened several times. We'll call it tipping the healer.
  • And my favorite: I came across an EP soloing the Molag Bal minibosses, and after a bit of nervous posturing and careful skill targeting, we came to an unspoken agreement to duo the whole boss together. I'm not sure how I pulled it off, but I have to credit my lucky Wavy Triple-Braided Updo for lightening the mood. I trusted the EP (but held Ice Comet just in case), and we made it through the whole boss in pretty good time. The hardest part was politely trying not to kill each other by accident. Don't tell Emeric.

Tonight was my last night of the event PvPing, and it was VERY brutal, so these cherished memories really kept me going lol. Would love to hear about everyone else's Mayhem highlights from this year ~

whajfnlzu7bd.png

Signed,
Falis Vulvyn
DC magblade
PC-NA
in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got chased down and killed by 8-ish enemy players at a keep battle, then t-bagged by 2 of them for several minutes until i respawned elsewhere.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tsaescishoeshiner - awesome character there!
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    I play a magsorc and spam the skill Dark Conversion at the end of fights, usually on flags. It restores health and magicka instantly and the animation looks like i'm doing a huge over-the-top wave hi. I get a chuckle every time someone next to me puts a Hello in chat.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got to give siege tips and resource-taking tips to some PvP newbies. <3 Also made my personal goal of reaching Prefect by the end of the event. :smiley:
    The hardest part was politely trying not to kill each other by accident. Don't tell Emeric.

Eh, he’ll be fine with it; we’ve got those super-secret peace talks between the factions coming up in High Isle after all…
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Tesman85
    Tesman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, got one today: Having had some success with my brand-new build in a no-CP campaign, I foolhardily tried out a standard campaign. Turned out I was severely outclassed skill-wise and died non-stop. Both my own side and the enemy were apparently infinitely more skilled and experienced on average than me. Most of them had about double the CP I had, too, and thus a definite advantage. Finally I was sick and embarrassed of wasting my group members' soul gems for constant revivals, because I couldn't contribute as much as I wished. I told them I'm throwing the towel in and why. After I left the group, one of them whispered me, evidently thinking someone of our group had given me hard time (which actually wasn't the case, no one had said anything about my serial dying). He expressed regret about how toxic PvPers can sometimes be and gave me some good advice about things. That kind of friendliness made me very glad. Besides, I got a good lesson not to overreach; only no-CP for me until I have more experience and skill.

Also, someone periodically offered gold prizes for the first claimant, to support the troops as he said. That was fun to see, too.
    Edited by Tesman85 on February 28, 2022 4:42PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was sort of tangential to this story, but it was still wholesome.

I was duoing with a friend in Cyro as we chatted on Discord, and we ended up going around picking up resources for the Conquest Board daily. We saw one at a home keep getting flipped, so we headed over to await developments. We got there just as it flipped and saw that it was just one enemy player that had taken it. I figured they weren't much of a threat, so I focused on killing the flag guards rather than targeting the enemy player. But my friend went for the player, and ended up basically chasing him away Sniping at him. :D

The guy got away, but then he whispered my friend congratulating him for almost getting him and saying he was just there for some easy AP before he called it a night. They ended up having a nice little chat and it made my friend feel pretty good. It also made me feel better about not joining in on the Snipefest, since we most likely would have killed the guy if we'd both been attacking him. (Of course, if it were me about to call it a night, I would have taken the blood port back home, but maybe the guy had other plans. :D)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got chased down and killed by 8-ish enemy players at a keep battle, then t-bagged by 2 of them for several minutes until i respawned elsewhere.

Lol! Sorry they were being rude and gross about it. You can always report harassment.
    I play a magsorc and spam the skill Dark Conversion at the end of fights, usually on flags. It restores health and magicka instantly and the animation looks like i'm doing a huge over-the-top wave hi. I get a chuckle every time someone next to me puts a Hello in chat.

Love that! Creative way to say hi. I wish we could use mementos in PvP—I miss my Prismatic Banner Ribbon.
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I was sort of tangential to this story, but it was still wholesome.

I was duoing with a friend in Cyro as we chatted on Discord, and we ended up going around picking up resources for the Conquest Board daily. We saw one at a home keep getting flipped, so we headed over to await developments. We got there just as it flipped and saw that it was just one enemy player that had taken it. I figured they weren't much of a threat, so I focused on killing the flag guards rather than targeting the enemy player. But my friend went for the player, and ended up basically chasing him away Sniping at him. :D

The guy got away, but then he whispered my friend congratulating him for almost getting him and saying he was just there for some easy AP before he called it a night. They ended up having a nice little chat and it made my friend feel pretty good. It also made me feel better about not joining in on the Snipefest, since we most likely would have killed the guy if we'd both been attacking him. (Of course, if it were me about to call it a night, I would have taken the blood port back home, but maybe the guy had other plans. :D)

Hahaha glad they had a fun little chat—that's such a nice break from the usual Cyro experience. Horse simulator, death simulator, "who has siege", etc.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was standing right out in the open looking at my map. Usually I hide first but this time just right out in the open. An EP player hit me with one light attack and then backed off. When I turned to face him he started his buff/shield rotation and I knew it was time to fight. He got me but it was close. He could have had the easy win if he jumped me full force instead of giving me a chance to get ready.
    This one not so much wholesome as funny. I think it is funny anyway. Saw one lone EP on the flag in Imperial City. I hit him once to see if he was online and he started jumping around but didn't attack. I decided not to attack and stood close to the flag hoping to flip it. He went on his merry way (was dressed as a jester and had the personality) and I flipped the flag. A minute later I saw five or six fellow DC pounding on the guy and not moving his heath hardly at all. This kept up for a couple of minutes then the jester moved them all to a choke point and bam! Two of his buddies wiped the DC. I watched them do that for a while. The jester always waited until he had a good number of enemy on him before luring them to their deaths. I light attacked him a couple of times just in case someone managed to actually kill him.

This one started good went bad then ended funny. Players from all three factions thumping on a roaming boss in Imperial City being careful with AoE and trying not to target each other. Two EP come in late and target enemy players quickly dispatching us. Boss then wiped out all the EP including the two that bombed us. So everybody died because two players were looking for easy kills. Again I thought it was funny. Things get funny when you don't care if you die multiple times.

A friend of mine who doesn't like PvP is using the event to get characters to tier one by repairing walls. One keep came under attack while he was there so he decided to participate mostly by lobbing ranged attacks, doing a quick heal and running away. THe defense was successful and he said he got either a 74 or 76k tick. Whatever it was it put him to tier three and now he thinks he might participate more in defending keeps instead of trying to avoid fights while repairing walls.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened many years ago when PvP was fun.
    I was crossing a bridge in Cyrodiil (trying to get into imperial city when the only way in was through cyrodiil), and suddenly a lot of blues became visible on the other side and knocked me out of my horse. Then I started running back and saw more blues on the other end. They ambushed me very nicely. Then, they all pulled chairs, and one of them came to fight me.
    I somehow won the fight, then one of them got up, started clapping, and then started attacking me while another one revived the first one I killed.
    I lost the second match.
    I've harvested a deep hatred for blues ever since, but that ambush was so amazing.

I've found it easier to make alliances with yellows in imperial city, but every time I try with a blue, they always attack me.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other good/wholesome PvP stories.
    Instead I try being the change I want to see. I ambushed some yellow dude in IC during this event, but the dude was just blocking, it reminded me of every time I've been ambushed even tho I had no intentions of fighting. The difference is, those players who killed me definitely needed their self-esteem elevated somehow because they thought teabagging me after I died (when all I did in "combat" was jump and sheathe my weapons) was a victor's right after a "hard-fought" battle.
    So I stopped attacking that yellow player, sheathed my weapons, I wanted to salute but I can't do emotes in combat for some dumb reason, after that a huge group of yellow players jumped off the base, and they all surrounded me and started jumping around me, then they all just left lol.

So that said, I refuse to kill any player who doesn't fight back.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    My wholesome story goes like this:

40+ hours in the fighting chair to get to #1 on the alliance leaderboard.
    Having my guildes log on Saturday morning, dethrown yellow, and push me to emperor.

Oh....... and I may (or may not) have gank'd someone turning in a cropsford quest during that time.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been fun running into enemy questers in IC and us just minding our own business and trying not to kill each other.

And yesterday I was doing a scouting quest in Cyrodiil on EU when I saw a skyshard I didn't have and climbed the tower it was on. I was being chased by mobs and there was an AD player up there getting the skyshard as well. I moved back a bit to kill the mobs and then got the skyshard while the AD player went peacefully on his way.
    The Moot Councillor