Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What the hell is happening with leap?

axi
axi
✭✭✭✭✭
90% of battlegrounds it doesn't work and simply cannot be used throughout whole match. When I look at its tooltip it shows no range at all. Like seriously what is going on? It's one of the most crucial DK tools in PvP. Petrify is also bugged but not to that extent. Seriously what is happening?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDKs got nerfed :trollface:
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I understand it: Gap closing to protected platforms in IC and BGs is forbidden. Gap closers, including Leap, sometimes bug out so they are permanently disabled. Removing the skill from skill bar, then reslotting it may help. I'm not sure whether this bug happens when you're pointing into the general direction of a protected platform, e.g. spawn platform, and try to leap. Maybe that's it, but I don't know.
    Edited by fred4 on February 22, 2022 12:32AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    MagDKs got nerfed :trollface:

Don't all servers wish lol.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Gap closers like Leap, critical rush and others are bugged in IC and BG. These have been bugged for quite some time now. It does not matter how you use them, if you cannot use them all you can do is reslot and hope it works. For me personally reslotting never worked. If have this problem every other BG match and sometimes even 2 or 3 times in a row. I can enter the BG with different skills and then slot the gap closers, but if it doesn't work I cant get it to work at all.

Same goes for IC, however in IC when u die in most cases the gap closers work again. Sometimes in IC the gap closers also work again when going from zone to zone, however they can also bug out when going from zone to zone.

This issue has been addressed several times and Zos knows about this. This is the main reason why as a StamDK I quit doing BG's.

Gap closers do work fine in Cyro and PVE.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    melek-taus wrote: »
    This issue has been addressed several times and Zos knows about this. This is the main reason why as a StamDK I quit doing BG's.

I wish! I get jumped left right and on top all the time in BGs its a pest. Dks ar everywhere this days :#
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Callosum
    Callosum
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like i have to write this every forum category soon so players will know. It has been bugged for over a year but there is a quick fix.

In BG's dont slot the skill before you enter. Make sure it is not on your skill bar and don't slot IT before the BG has started and you are down from the starting platform. This works for me 99% of the time.

I repeat... NOT BEFORE YOU ARE DOWN FROM THE STARTING PLATFORM :smile:
    Edited by Callosum on February 22, 2022 11:09AM
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Just to make it easier, use addon for quick skill change. When you queue into BG have all gapclosing skills unsloted.
    Wait for BG to start and when jump down from platform just klick the auick skill reslot
    - this works most of the times
    - Inam using bandits gear manager addon with two setups for BG - one with gapclosers and the second without them

NEVER QUEUE IN WITH GAPCLOSER SKILL SLOTED !!!
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick and accurate angry summary.

[snip]

I'm a stamdk main, and I can't ever use leap in IC. No matter what I've tried to do. Even the "slot it after entering" doesn't work maybe 95% of the time for me personally.

[Minor edit for Bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 25, 2022 2:26AM
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me Petrify/Fossilize doesn't work in Cyro either, quite constantly.
    Edited by BlossomDead on February 24, 2022 4:41AM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has implemented this feature as part of a larger 12 point plan to force everyone to switch to mag sorc vampires.
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    Zos has implemented this feature as part of a larger 12 point plan to force everyone to switch to mag sorc vampires.

This I would believe.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »
    90% of battlegrounds it doesn't work and simply cannot be used throughout whole match. When I look at its tooltip it shows no range at all. Like seriously what is going on? It's one of the most crucial DK tools in PvP. Petrify is also bugged but not to that extent. Seriously what is happening?

It's been broken for nearly 2 years and the best from Zenimax was a response after enormous amounts of flack that PvP might maybe perhaps like get fixed a bit in a year or so.

Too many toons not enough time
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For this I've learned that if You manage to stun enemy in some other way then fossilize should unbug itself for next usage.
    Edited by axi on February 24, 2022 8:32PM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

For this I've learned that if You manage to stun enemy in some other way then fossilize should unbug itself for next usage.

Really? Maybe I've been experiencing this I keep spamming fossilize and nothing happens I assume I'm just out of range or being a noob butter fingers or something but maybe this is happening to me. Sad stuff but maybe I gotta just hang up the DK after all if they won't support it's skills.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    You do not have to, I switched to burning embers followed by medium attack… You can always find an alternative if you want to… When Leap do not work ( yeah it happens also arter applyting the skillslot-after-platfom-down-jump- workaround) I usualy switch to dawnbreaker or shooting star…
    As for gapclosers I have never have this issue on other class than DK stam or mag. And it has benn like this since ever 🙊🙈🙉 😉😉😉