The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Its the little things

xhaven
xhaven
✭✭✭
So with Update 33 making all achievements account wide.
Alts no longer have to work for so many things, this by itself is not bad.
I know lots of players like this, I personally do not.
However its not something that I feel is negative for the game on its own.

What I worry about is Zenimax doing away with a lot of these minor things that actually add up to make a good game, great.
From culling animations, skills, sets, classes (lack of new ones), through now to achievements. ESO is slowly losing a lot of the
personality/polish that really help (imo) make this mmo fantastic.

Please Zenimax stop and evaluate weather the push for "performance" the way you are going about it isn't going to end with the game becoming generic mmo #999.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements have nothing to do with performance, it's a Quality of Life thing. Increasing convenience.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Achievements have nothing to do with performance, it's a Quality of Life thing. Increasing convenience.

That's what I thought, until I saw the Update 33 Preview
    To ensure that ESO’s performance can keep up and grow with the game’s new experiences, most achievements will become account-wide with Update 33. This means that an achievement that you’ve earned on any one of your characters may also be considered completed across all your characters. By consolidating achievements, we can retain and improve the way the game handles this type of data and the overall experience. With the database’s overall footprint reduced, it will more performant across the board, which may manifest itself in faster load screens and improved performance on other database-heavy operations. Most importantly, this change helps keep the game performant as we continue to add new content and achievements in the future.
    PC - NA