The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Base Crit %

damien_burt
damien_burt
Soul Shriven
Out of curiosity I completely reset my character CP, reset skills and passives, un-slotted everything, changed mundus to the Lord, no food/potions.

My char sheet shows 10% spell and weapon crit. I thought it would've been 0%.

I also noticed if I punch the trial dummy I get the Minor Prophecy buff (+6% for a total of 16% on char sheet) but NOT the Major Force (i.e. it shows in the active effects list but doesn't register on the displayed %)

It's a high elf magsorc.

Am I missing something? Why 10% and not 0% to start? Does the 20% from Major Force show in the char sheet %?
Edited by damien_burt on February 27, 2022 9:14PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    10% is the default value for crit chance.

Minor Prophecy increases spell crit chance

Major Force increase your spell crit damage does not affect chance so won't show up on character sheet.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The default crit chance is 10% and default crit damage is 150% of a normal attack. Minor Prophecy increased your crit chance by 6% and Major Force increased your crit damage by 20%. So you now have a 10% + 6% = 16% chance to crit, and if you do crit, you will do 150% + 20% = 170% of a normal attack.
    Options
  • damien_burt
    damien_burt
    Soul Shriven
    Deleted
    Edited by damien_burt on February 27, 2022 10:16PM
    Options