The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's put an end to this vampire talk.

DbrStefaneb17_ESO
First of all i'm just telling you my opinion and what i've leanred so far by expirience in the game so don't be mean.

1. It's a complicated game... if you are dieing is probably because you did something wrong, or you weren t equiped to handle that situation. A good build needs to have everything balanced: 1 healing skill on every skill bar, 1 escape skill on every skill bar, 1 aoe on every skill bar, balance between magika and stamina consumption, balance between melee and ranged attacks/skills, skills to restore your resurces, etc etc ... if you don t have all of the above... you are usless in vr zones and especially in VR doungens or you need to change your build/items/skills before every doungen boss.

The bad news is that in pvp is that you can t switch to aoe fire when you are being ambushed by vampires... so balance your build and then balance what you can do as a group with your guildmates...

2.The AVA (pvp/cyrodill) mechanics are diffrent from pve... if you are being ambushed you will die no matter what... skills are used.... if you are lvl 30 and i m vr 3 i will kill you no matter what... if i m vr 3 and i meet a vr 10... i will die (same number of players/ same skill for player) before vamps became so popular an entire zerg would have gotten wipped from 1 full raid aoe ambush behind a rock, it didn t matter what aoe skill they used.... now they use bat swarm... adapt...

3.when me and my guildmates finnaly decided what campagin to set as home we joined the pvp (15 player group and i was and still am the only vampire they don t want it) and got wiped twice by a 10 player vamp group... we starting screming in the ts... and swearing saying it s op... and probably if we were crybabys we would have spammed the forum... but we didn t we adapted... (like most ppl in pvp they get ambushed die once then come back and wipe the vamps)

situation 1 : after we experinced what vamps can do... we were trying to cross a bridge ... we got ambushed by a big group of vamps.... 5 of us in the front... died... and the rest guess what they did... ran!!! waited for the bat swarm to end... and then wiped out the group... and revived us...

situation 2: we were takeing a lumbermill or something, all 15 near the flag... vamps starting jumping from the keep with bat swarm...(about 10 of them) 4-5 of us used impulse with fire stuff and wall of elements... and the other 10 we use what aoe we had slotted ... result? all vamps wiped... not 1 of us dead...

situation 3: sigeing an enemy keep... after we secured it a full group raid of vamps with a vamp emperor were camping in one of the towers... who entered that tower... died in 2 sec.. solution...: 2 purple domes that disables all skills and no more vamps....

and i have many more examples of us getting wiped (by vamps or not) or us wipeing others(vamps or not)
and we are not special... we are noobs we don t know how to play:P so i ve seen so many adapt and deal with the vamps... few ppl still cry on the forums...
every class has all the tools it needs to deal with every situation.... you just have to know what to use, how to use, when to use...

and vamp skills passives are heavily bugged and so are my cirt passives as a nightblade...

sorry for the bad spelling, english is not my primary language... and i was too lazy to spell check.... if you mention my bad spelling... it doesn t make my argument null...
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    This 'talk' is not gonna stop until they fix it! Anyone know that how it is now its horribly broken!
  • Zazar
    Zazar
    ✭✭
    You lost credibility as soon as you wrote "doungens".
  • niklas43b16_ESO
    The biggest problems are the ult. First of all it does not cap at 6 targets, as it should. Second, sorcerers can get the ultimate to 100% reduced ult cost, which means that it costs 0 ultimate. Combining this with being invisible - they are really tough to kill, and not just the "hey you should learn how to deal with this tough" but rather the... this is stupidly broken tough. They are killable but unless you are very coordinated, a sorcer vamp can fight a group for infinity without even dropping low. And please don't tell me to get abilities to counter vamps, they are untargetable during the whole period due to invisibility & are using immovable in order to no get any real cc on them.

I also does seem to look like at least 20 % of PvP'ers in my campaign is vamps, and the majority that is not already, is starting to look into it, because they get frustrated with it.

Just as a last note, I am also a vamp, which I have been since before I entered PvP (trying it out for fun), but I am going to remove it today and get some dawnbreaker etc, as so many people are becoming vampires.
  • DbrStefaneb17_ESO
    There are two subjects...:
    1. fix the damn game (many more problems, not only vamp ulti) witch i totally agree with.
    2.nerf the damn vampire. Here i don t agree, the concept is right the implementation is wrong.
  • Hithlum
    Hithlum
    Soul Shriven
    Or, you know, let's not put an end. Out of the 30 threads on first page of this sub forum 10 have vamp or swarm in their names, and I bet that others have vamps being discussed inside. All the while there is 0 response from devs. So yeah, let's not.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    I got killed by vamp...

I could use Silver Bolts from now on
    OR just change the whole game so I can continue using the wrong skills in wrong situations and complain in the forums...

Guess whats easier for most people -.-

Btw:
    I am not a vamp and I really love that every noob has taken one.
    If it were just the people that really want to be one I would not use these bolts as I dislike crossbows.

I bet if Silver Bolts would be buffed and would simply instakill vamps these discussions would not end.

Is it really so hard to think and learn?
    Edited by Hodorius on April 30, 2014 8:42AM
  • Hithlum
    Hithlum
    Soul Shriven
    I do use silver bolts, and I love em! Problem is they are not very effective against vamps, really nice when you want to nuke people who don't have 90% damage reduction though.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hodorius wrote: »
    I got killed by vamp...

I could use Silver Bolts from now on
    OR just change the whole game so I can continue using the wrong skills in wrong situations and complain in the forums...

Guess whats easier for most people -.-

Btw:
    I am not a vamp and I really love that every noob has taken one.
    If it were just the people that really want to be one I would not use these bolts as I dislike crossbows.

I bet if Silver Bolts would be buffed and would simply instakill vamps these discussions would not end.

Is it really so hard to think and learn?

Yeap , this is how all MMO forums are about PvP issues really hehehe.

Vamps are bugged atm , not OP , if the devs change the mist form bug , then we are all set.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    tl;dr
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    First of all i'm just telling you my opinion and what i've leanred so far by expirience in the game so don't be mean.

1. It's a complicated game... if you are dieing is probably because you did something wrong, or you weren t equiped to handle that situation. A good build needs to have everything balanced: 1 healing skill on every skill bar, 1

M'kay, let me just stop you right there and form my own opinion that every one of your PVP toons are vamps. You see, templars do not have any escape ability. I also don't believe a DK does either (correct me if I'm wrong). Dying because your group of 18 is moving through a path together to prevent ganking to have an entire 18 group VL5-10 raid steamrolled by one, single, VL10 vamp in less than 2 seconds isn't just dumb, its full ***.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 10:52AM
  • Ummaguma
    Ummaguma
    ✭✭✭
    if you are dieing is probably because you did something wrong

but if 30 people die to one DK(who happens to be a Vampire), in less than 1 minute... ESO is doing something wrong.

I may or may not be spending too much time with Sheogorath, but I cant help it... He makes the BEST Nachos! >:)
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Ummaguma wrote: »

but if 30 people die to one DK(who happens to be a Vampire), in less than 1 minute... ESO is doing something wrong.

The OP seems to think that this is entirely legit and called for and that everyone but this one vamp is total nub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBlMayv12M&t=11m0s
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 12:40PM
  • Honn
    Honn
    ✭✭✭
    A simple solution.......what if enchants on weapons modified the weapon damage?
    So instead of the weapon doing 100 damage and 10 damage from a fire enchant, the weapon did 100 fire damage with a fire enchant?
    The same can be applied to all enchants.

Or make the same idea into a new Trait, where Trait modifies the weapon damage to the element its enchanted with. So this scenario would provide 100 fire damage from the weapon & 10 fire damage from the enchant.

Would this not make Vamps easier to kill?....Provided you can get them out of mist form 1st.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reading when you said everyone needs a healing skill. I'm a templar; the only self healing skill we get is Healing Ritual, and that has such a long cast time that your opponent can easily deal more damage than you can heal. I've only found it useful for when I'm attacking from a range and need to get to cover and heal up. During melee combat it's useless.
    It was a noble attempt dude.
    QQing is a full time job
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    Ummaguma wrote: »

The OP seems to think that this is entirely legit and called for and that everyone but this one vamp is total nub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBlMayv12M&t=11m0s

I'll put an end to this talk when a dev watches this video and says it is working as intended.