The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Has ZOS abandoned ESO Live?

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
ZOS did not host an ESO Live show on Twitch at all during the month of February. The only show during January was the High Isle Global Reveal. I believe there was only one show during December - the always entertaining holiday cooking show.

ZOS religiously hosted these shows every two weeks for several years but now it seems the shows are facing retirement. The shows were always a good way for ZOD to communicate and interact with the community, not to mention the freebies you could earn for watching or by winning a giveaway during the show. Alas.

Has ZOS delegated these shows to ESO Stream Team members? Is there some sort of communications lockdown as even Rich has stopped streaming? Has ZOS forsaken the game's players and fans?
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I blame WoW for this, they done did it again
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No big loss, the February ESO Live is usually the ESO Valentine's Day twitter-orientated rubbish which was cancelled this year, thank Dibella.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No one is working in the office atm, they are still working from home.
    I'm sure that has a LOT to do with it. Trying to set up a long distance, at home live show is probably lot harder than having a studio down the hall and eveyone together.
    But, I DO miss how the ESO LIves were at launch. Informative, promoted guild events, dev discussions, Loremasters segments, Q&A's.
    Those I do miss.... :(
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the previous lives on YT? I never saw any of the lives and would like to see what they're like
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are the previous lives on YT? I never saw any of the lives and would like to see what they're like

Here is the first ESO Live.
    Yes they are on YT, you can find more. Enjoy!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sce1q6h-KQg&t=5348s

Here is a link to a whole play list of ESO Live. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rqn2RQctoY&list=PL4tB6flpmULi4KhRolY9a41sIUs1mfrEk
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on February 26, 2022 6:39AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Kredo
    Kredo
    ✭✭✭
    No one is working in the office atm, they are still working from home.
    I'm sure that has a LOT to do with it. Trying to set up a long distance, at home live show is probably lot harder than having a studio down the hall and eveyone together.
    But, I DO miss how the ESO LIves were at launch. Informative, promoted guild events, dev discussions, Loremasters segments, Q&A's.
    Those I do miss.... :(

If anything it should be easier considering the audio or something else wasn't working 9/10 times they were in the studio
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, given that currently mask mandates and social distancing has been lifted in most places... I see no reason why they cannot start holding ESO Live again. Considering how the state of the game (all the problems that have crept up) during the pandemic... I'd say the 'work from home' hasn't been as successful as they like us to believe. There is something to be said from person-to-person direct coordination instead of trying to coordinate something from a distance.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Well, given that currently mask mandates and social distancing has been lifted in most places... I see no reason why they cannot start holding ESO Live again. Considering how the state of the game (all the problems that have crept up) during the pandemic... I'd say the 'work from home' hasn't been as successful as they like us to believe. There is something to be said from person-to-person direct coordination instead of trying to coordinate something from a distance.

It's not just because of the pandemic period. The game has been rocky for a while now and anyone who has played for over 5 years can vouch for this.

Either way and regarding the livestreams/engagement, that is in the past now. Things were different before and we are now slowly withdrawing from what used to be.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I've played since 2015 and don't recall it being this bad before 2020... quirks here and there sure, but seems over the past two years, since about the time the pandemic started, things have gotten worse.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****