The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question concerning basic attacks in Update 33.

Lopti
Lopti
✭✭
Hey all, apologies if this has been covered but could not find anything on it. I get how abilities are going to work in update 33 (and like it btw) but wondering about basic attacks. What I am referring to is currently there are Stamina based weapons such as two handed, bows, duel wielding etc... and the basic attacks from those wepons is based off of the weapon damage plus the stamina and the other way around for magic items like destruction staff. With them trying to make everything flow better so you can use either one does that go for basic attacks as well? for example after update 33 if I have a Magica based necromancer but have them dual wielding will my basic attacks from those swords use my weapon damage plus my highest stat which is in this case magica? or is this only for abilities and basic attacks will still be based off of stamina?

Just wondering as I am going to start leveling up some trees now if the basic attacks are built off of the highest one so my magica based user can use some swords :)
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Light and heavy attack scaling are already scaling off the higher max resource and power on the live servers, which is why dual daggers are meta on mag in pve.

The only thing that doesn’t really work with this is heavy attacking still only restores Stam on melee and bow and mag with staves, so making sure at least one of your weapons matches with max stat is still important for sustaining
    Edited by Jestir on February 25, 2022 7:48PM
  • Lopti
    Lopti
    ✭✭
    Bleakz wrote: »
    Light and heavy attack scaling are already scaling off the higher max resource and power on the live servers, which is why dual daggers are meta on mag in pve.

The only thing that doesn’t really work with this is heavy attacking still only restores Stam on melee and bow and mag with staves, so making sure at least one of your weapons matches with max stat is still important for sustaining

Awesome good to know, thanks for the info man.