Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot join or create a group if Xbox privacy and communication is set to "Friends Only"

Cyber10
Cyber10
✭✭✭✭
If the Xbox communication preferences setting is set to "friends only" you cannot join or form a party with friends while playing ESO. The setting must be changed to "all", which means that anyone can send you a message or an invite, which is not something that is preferred by all players. No other game has this issue and I can freely play with friends regardless of the privacy settings. Players should not be forced to have open communications with randoms if they choose not to. This is a known issue, but ZOS has not acknowledged if there is a fix in the works and I would like to know if it will be fixed. I submitted a ticket, but did not get an response.

Thank you.

Xbox Series X
NA mega-server

*Edit: I edited my original topic to create a topic for each individual issue. It seems that is the preferred way to post bugs.
Edited by Cyber10 on February 24, 2022 3:10PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #3 is an issue for PS5 (running PS4 version not enhanced version) but works fine for PS4. I think it might affect woodworking stations as well but will have to check. This is repeatable for me.

#4 is a rare issue, I made an in-game ticket about it a day ago. I have a style applied to my inferno staff so I can keep track of which staff I have equipped, and very rarely after a loading screen both staves have that style and look identical, except for the way they are held (inferno staff angled down and resto staff with butt end on ground).

#5 I have a workaround but should be fixed because it is a bug. Make sure to have front bar weapon equipped before a loading screen and this bug will not happen. Back bar weapon equipped will glitch it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    #3 is an issue for PS5 (running PS4 version not enhanced version) but works fine for PS4. I think it might affect woodworking stations as well but will have to check. This is repeatable for me.

#4 is a rare issue, I made an in-game ticket about it a day ago. I have a style applied to my inferno staff so I can keep track of which staff I have equipped, and very rarely after a loading screen both staves have that style and look identical, except for the way they are held (inferno staff angled down and resto staff with butt end on ground).

#5 I have a workaround but should be fixed because it is a bug. Make sure to have front bar weapon equipped before a loading screen and this bug will not happen. Back bar weapon equipped will glitch it.

#3 happens all the time for me on Xbox Series X.

#4 this is annoying since you do not know if your front bar or back bar is equipped.

#5 I will try keeping the primary equipped before traveling and see if I notice a differnce.

Thanks for the information.

I love how ZOS is so fast to move a topic, but never actually respond or offer any help.