The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blood Frenzy and Voidcaller

Bowmanganie
Bowmanganie
✭✭
How is a health cost for a spell classified? Was thinking about using the Voidcaller set from the Reach on my Vampire. Would the health cost for Blood frenzy count as damage and give me the increased spell and weapon damage from Voidcaller?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think self inflicted dmg is not counted as "taking dmg", the game does know if you were taking dmg from self or external entity
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    That's a cool idea. I wish it did work like that, but I doubt it. Test it out and tell us what you find!
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't count as damage like how health regeneration doesn't count as healing. It's like taking Magicka/Stamina out of their respective pools which is why damage mitigation doesn't effect the cost.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Bowmanganie
    Bowmanganie
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. This is what I figured that it would not work as damage. If it did I am sure someone else would have done it and been out there as a build for a while. Blood frenzy I have found difficult to use. Lots of buttons and timing to look out for. I did not want to make a set of Voidcaller with transmute stones so was looking for an answer before making it. Maybe I will just farm some Voidcallers and slap it on to see. Thanks again for the insight.
  • Bowmanganie
    Bowmanganie
    ✭✭
    Indeed you all were correct. Blood Frenzy health cost will not proc Voidcaller. Got a junk set and tried it out. Thanks for the info.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can try that self health drain potion (cp150 one) if you really need it. Must proc Voidcaller, since i know that it proc Hide of the Werewolf.