The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Armor traits

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all ,

Was wondering what the best traits are for gear in pvp. I read a lot about impen and well fitted , however not sure if its really worth it.

Well fitted usually isnt a problem for me ….
So should i go all impen then ?

I now use my sets of pve which are divine focus. Are they really not good in pvp?

Would infused be good on all of them ?
To increase max magicka or health and stuff like that?

Last question
Is defending as weapon trait a viable option? When should or shouldnt you use this ?
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen's not as good as before because they nerfed crit and it's not as great as before, but still should be used. Maybe 3 piece of impen on your small armor pieces maximum.
    Then maybe reinforced chest and even legs(if you need the extra tankiness) and the rest well fitted

Infused is kind of not useful in PVP since max stat has basically been made not that great

Defending is good for a back bar weapon, in some instances. Defending or powered back bar weapons are typically go to unless you have reasons to not run them. I usually go powered back bars but defending is good if you don't have tons of heals on your second ability bar
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    How do you mean that max stats arent that great anymore ? Does that differ from pve ? How exactly did it got nerfed then comparing to spell dmg , and other variabes?

Thx!
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    How do you mean that max stats arent that great anymore ? Does that differ from pve ? How exactly did it got nerfed then comparing to spell dmg , and other variabes?

Thx!

It's not nerfed, just skills were changed around to where spell damage and weapon damage mean more than max mag and stam. In the past templar relied on a lot of max stat for their class kit, but the were reworked to scale from WD/SD so now weapon and spell damage is the more ideal stat to build into on almost all classes except like Magicka Sorcerer.
    Max stat is probably the last thing you need to worry about on your stat sheet, along with critical
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others have said, impens a bit crap now. People seem to be runing reinforced on the big pieces, and then well fitted on the rest. Roll dodging is often the best defense.

Bear in mind you can get alot of crit resists - and lot more than a piece of impen will now give you - with CP (blue tree). You can also sometimes fit in something like 2pc critical riposte on your back bar.

Front bar, Id guess most will run sharpened in pvp or maybe ninrhoned; charged if a dk. The extra crit from precise isn't usually that good precisely because of crit resist.

Back bar, powered and defending are usually the go toes. But.... if you're running a snb though, they'll only be half strength. I often go ninrhoned then - it's very close to a half strength powered for heals, plus buffs anything offensive on the back bar.
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    I do have some crit still and i have precise because it allows me (magsorc) to critically heal for 3300 everytime i hit someone critically

So my question is …
    If i do crit hit , but the person can mitigate most of the critical damage … will i then still be able to heal for 3300 health?
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    I do have some crit still and i have precise because it allows me (magsorc) to critically heal for 3300 everytime i hit someone critically

So my question is …
    If i do crit hit , but the person can mitigate most of the critical damage … will i then still be able to heal for 3300 health?

Good news and bad news :smile: Crit surge doesn't scale off the damage you do; you just need to crit. But... (there's always a but) battlespirit reduces heals by like 50% of what your tool tip says. So its probably only 1650 per crit.

Bear in mind that if you're using force pulse / crushing shock as your spammable it fires three bolts; last time I checked they were all independent and you only need one of them to crit to get your heal. So you usually get a fair bit out of crit surge even with lower crit.

I haven't played magsorc in ages so not sure what an optimal level of crit woudl be in pvp to get the most out of crit surge; all I would say is that, when I did, I felt I needed a resto + rapid regen for heals. Dark deal's a great ability but the cast time is a bugger under pressure.

• eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Do you play on PC on EU ?

Will be happy to invite you as a friend @Larcomar
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Crazyquestion

If i have the gold and i want to invest in making all my set of Crafty Alfiq into armor traits which are ALL prismatic defense …

Would that be wise ? (If i dont mind the gold cost)?

That would mean 2 big pieces & 3 small pieces
    The big pieces would have infused
    The small pieces impen ?! For pvp

Tell me if i am crazy 😜
    I am a magsorc
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're talking enchants not traits? I go prismatic on the big pieces but leave the small ones. Usually with purples! But then I'm a pretty casual player and Im always switchign stuff around. As to infused, I'm not sure tbh. I've seen some people moot that but I'm just not sure if the extra stats would beat out impen / reinforced / well fitted. That said all of this is in the margins. The differences are frankly small. Personally, I'd save your gold (for now) and play around with stuff for a bit; pvp builds are incredibly personal. I tend to find that there's also a distinct trade off between what's optimal and what's actually fun. YMMV

Once you find something that you like and think works (for what you want to do), that's the time to think about golding stuff. The only thing Id say is be cautious of golding out the latest greatest must have ubah OP set. By the time you've heard about it, the nerf hammer is usually incoming. And Zos don't really do balance. Nowadays, i tend to only gold very old, tried and tested sets that either arn't going to get nerfed, or already have been and are sort, ok... I know people who golded out hrothgar. They nerfed it after like 2 weeks and it's trash now....