The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ALL Available on the Crown Store - For a Limited Time

bradleymsimmons
bradleymsimmons
✭✭✭
I'd like them to have Special Offers from time to time. What I mean by that is...

Have ALL music boxes for sale at once, maybe once a year.
Have ALL furnishing packs available at once, once a year.
Have ALL crown crates available at once, once a year.

Or, just ALL of "something" once a year only and then rotate them. For instance, all music boxes this year. All crown crates next year, etc., etc.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or at least rotate items more quickly. I missed the Adorable Assassin hairstyle both this year (edit: oops, in 2021, I mean) and the last time, and I can't believe it will take another FOUR YEARS before it's available again.
    Edited by BretonMage on February 17, 2022 2:55AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crates would not be advantageous to Zenimax to have all available at the same time. They want to sell as many as possible so it is better to focus on rotating one at a time. Offer all at the same time and players are not likely to spend more, or much more, than when one is offered.

Disclosure, I do not buy crates, just offering my opinion.

For the rest, not sure if it is best to have them thematically or what you are suggesting. If all are offered at once and someone misses it or they did not have the money or crowns at the time, which is why most want something to return, more people would be upset at once. So not sure what is best to do.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be a nice gesture to have all of the years limited editions available during New life.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the duration between desirable items keeps increasing due to the quantity of total items there are now so i think it might make sense to increase the number of featured items

so instead of like 1 house for 2 weeks, just do like 3 houses for a month, this would give people more time to buy it instead of extremely limited windows for some things
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    i think the duration between desirable items keeps increasing due to the quantity of total items there are now so i think it might make sense to increase the number of featured items

so instead of like 1 house for 2 weeks, just do like 3 houses for a month, this would give people more time to buy it instead of extremely limited windows for some things

Plus it would give new players the chance to actually buy the content that was available previously. One would think ZOS would be all about giving new players the opportunity to spend money...
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus it would give new players the chance to actually buy the content that was available previously. One would think ZOS would be all about giving new players the opportunity to spend money...

...yeah, more FOMO opportunities lol

in all seriousness they either need to rotate items faster, or add more items per rotation at this point, or even extend the rotations with more items, it might help a lot of people
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All outfits available for a week
    All hairstyles available for a week
    All personas/morphs/etc... you get the idea.

I don't have access to their records, but it seems like they would make a killing on sales like these instead of this "make bank at a glacial pace" where they bring back x-outfit for 3 days. Flash sales don't work as well retailers want people to think.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should rotate wayyyyy faster yeah.

It's a bit discouraging to always have to tell people 'oh that's unavailable right now' whenever they ask about appeareance or costumes I use. I collected plenty over the years, but it must be mega annoying for new players especially. Like even the mount section has like what, 8 mounts in total.

I've bought a bunch of crowns in the december sale and I'm still sitting on almost all of it because the release schedule and rotation are so dreadfully slow. I'd happily buy crowns more frequently if only there was a better selection to spend it on, I'm very specific in what does and does not fit my characters. And setting my calendar for specific 3 day opportunity windows is like.. just no. :D

• WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    I've bought a bunch of crowns in the december sale and I'm still sitting on almost all of it because the release schedule and rotation are so dreadfully slow. I'd happily buy crowns more frequently if only there was a better selection to spend it on, I'm very specific in what does and does not fit my characters. And setting my calendar for specific 3 day opportunity windows is like.. just no. :D

Gurrrl SAME.

I could be shelling out to furnish my mushroom tower right now, but instead I'm just letting Crowns accrue every month because they refuse to put what I want in the store. At this rate, by the time the stuff becomes available I won't even have to buy Crowns to get it...

• bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    It's the whole, "create a sense of scarcity" marketing technique that gaming company's use. I'm so over it.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    All crown crates once per year would boost ZOS money income for sure.

Why not during black friday lol
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The false scarcity/limited time access stuff drives me barmy. It's so irritating. But I'd like most of the items to be available ALL THE TIME. Stop naffing people about and just let them buy what the items they want. You can up the anti with sales or bundles or something. It's not enough that the crowns/gems/crates thing is insultingly 'marketed' and managed at us, which is tooth-grindingly annoying, do you want our money or not?

That, and I always miss the Baandari Crates - I've never been playing when are available - and I *really* want a tassley camel and nose danglies.

So basically agree, an all crates sale a couple of times a year, faster rotations generally but mostly I'd like everything to be available all the time.