Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another of my houses is haunted

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Awhile back I had an issue with a table with flowers on it moving into the wall several times at Alinor Crest Townhouse, sometimes so far that I had to use the retrieve feature to fix it. Well now my castle at Doomchar is haunted.

I entered the castle to look at something I had an idea for and the music box was playing. But I hadn't turned it on for at least a couple of weeks and I have the habit of always turning these off before I leave or log off anyway.

This house has not been set as my primary for a couple of weeks although I still visit it frequently myself to tweak things, and I am not yet registered with EHT so I wasn't receiving guests that way.

All I can figure is it's haunted.
Edited by SilverBride on February 18, 2022 7:29PM
PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it could be possible someone visited your house and turned on the music box since that action is saved to the instance

if it is not your primary residence someone could have gotten there with the "port to friends house" addon (which shows all of your houses instead of only primary, i only suggest this since i think you are on PC)

the only way that would not have a chance of happening is if you changed housing permissions to deny all visitors or did the "limited visitor" option (disallows interactions but allows visitation still)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 18, 2022 9:37PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it could be possible someone visited your house and turned on the music box since that action is saved to the instance

if it is not your primary residence someone could have gotten there with the "port to friends house" addon (which shows all of your houses instead of only primary, i only suggest this since i think you are on PC)

the only way that would not have a chance of happening is if you changed housing permissions to deny all visitors or did the "limited visitor" option (disallows interactions but allows visitation still)

I guess that is possible but one thing that struck me as that being unlikely is the gate at the entrance to my castle courtyard was closed. Most visitors open it to go inside but don't close it again.

It's a mystery I may never figure out. :)
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess that is possible but one thing that struck me as that being unlikely is the gate at the entrance to my castle courtyard was closed. Most visitors open it to go inside but don't close it again.

maybe you had a very polite visitor lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe you had a very polite visitor lol

Maybe. :D
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always close gates because I am particular about stuff like that in my houses.

It wasn’t me though, since I am on another server.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so I just logged in a character who was at Old Mistveil Manor and the music box there that I had never turned on was playing. This is set as my primary at the moment and I am beginning to think I am the object of a practical joker.

I guess I will have to restrict visitors but I hate to because then those visiting my castle won't be able to open the gate and get inside the castle.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I discovered that the music box at Old Mistveil Manor was indeed a prank played by a friend after they saw this thread. But how the one at my Doomchar castle was turned on is still a mystery.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had someone turn on one of my music boxes as well. I don’t leave them on.

Is it a surprise that other players can interact with them? I just assumed they could.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew others could interact with my music boxes. I didn't know others could go to a house that wasn't set as my primary when I wasn't there and turn it on.

I still don't know who did it.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew others could interact with my music boxes. I didn't know others could go to a house that wasn't set as my primary when I wasn't there and turn it on.

I still don't know who did it.

Oh I didn’t realize that. I have heard that is possible on PC, maybe due to the EHT add-on. I hope it is not possible on console and have never heard of such a thing happening, except for the times when the housing permissions were bugged and changed on their own. I think that was still primary housing only, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA