The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Contemplating top-tier solo builds going into Update 33

Draxund
Draxund
✭✭✭
I've recently become interested in challenging myself by soloing vet dungeons and other difficult content. In my research on this, I found the impressive achievements by Paddy Vu, Lucht, and a few others. However, update 33 will be negatively impacting their heavy attack sets, and it looks like the vamp nerfs from a while back also impacted some of those builds. Anyhow, I'd love to know what setups some of you plan to use for "extreme soloing" going into the next update. I currently have a MagSorc and MagPlar that I'd use if possible, but it seems that MagDK is a favorite amongst those pushing the boundaries. I obviously won't be anywhere as good as those super-skilled players, but I'd like to enjoy the thrill of soloing hard content. Feel free to share any advice, builds, or thoughts you have on this!
Edited by Draxund on February 18, 2022 5:20AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U33 will hurt Noble Duelist afaik.
    IA, Elf Bane, Heartland Conqueror/Torugs (2x7k damage enchants HA build) maybe some more, still viable. At least for DK.

Also you can use companion for some "UnPrecognitionable" situations. For example: Wayrest sewers 2 first boss still can be soloed (did it yesterday) just by standing on stairs and casting Illustrious Healing at companion who fighting boss.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Also you can use companion for some "UnPrecognitionable" situations. For example: Wayrest sewers 2 first boss still can be soloed (did it yesterday) just by standing on stairs and casting Illustrious Healing at companion who fighting boss.

That sounds like a ridiculously slow kill on the second boss...
  • Draxund
    Draxund
    ✭✭✭
    To add further, I think my main struggle is to decide between two main options: 1) stronger resists/survivability plus decent damage; or 2) highest damage possible that gives back heals. For example, here's my current set up that relies more on resists/survival. But perhaps Pale Order isn't helping me as much here because I'm not pumping out enough damage.

If I were to go fully into highest damage possible (i.e., relying heavily on Pale Order), what would you recommend are the best DoTs that a MagSorc could run to keep that healing going throughout a fight? I'll need some strong and long lasting DoTs to keep me up when I get immobilized or get busy moving out of the dmg spots.
  • Hescrow
    Hescrow
    ✭✭
    Mother Cianait/ Iceheart
    Hexo's Ward
    Hatchling's Shell

You are almost immortal with that for any PVE content trust me 😁
    Edited by Hescrow on February 26, 2022 7:22PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxund wrote: »
    To add further, I think my main struggle is to decide between two main options: 1) stronger resists/survivability plus decent damage; or 2) highest damage possible that gives back heals. For example, here's my current set up that relies more on resists/survival. But perhaps Pale Order isn't helping me as much here because I'm not pumping out enough damage.

It's very situational. There are fights where you need to survive through phases it's hard to do a lot of damage and fights where it's continuous damage, or in many cases continuous trash deaths (eeg for stamplars).

The good thing about running solo is nobody cares if you stop and change your gear and skills between fights and some other idiot won't be running ahead starting the fight as you do so.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you need damage shield build you also can't go wrong with Heartland + Torugs. Just add Glyph of Hardening on your infused front bar lightning stave and proc it with HA. You will get 8k damage shield every 3 seconds for free (don't forget Bastion CP passive). Slightly less powerful version, surely, can be applied on MA/vMA back bar stave.

Add Absorb Health enchant on back bar, Burning Embers from next update, Pale order ring and Strategic Reserve CP passive + currupted Bloody Mara and you will regenerate your health faster than Cyrodiil ball groups.
    Edited by mocap on February 20, 2022 7:56AM