The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to tell whether or not you were the proc for VD?

megasurge93
megasurge93
✭✭✭
How do you tell whether or not you were the proc for VD that killed everyone around you? I"ve heard that if you do not see VD in your death recap and everyone suddenly dies around you, then you were the proc that caused the mass death. I've also heard that if you have VD in your death recap then you're the proc. So, which is it? Does anyone have any clarity around this?
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't really tell if you're in a large group of people. It's better to just try to prevent yourself from being the VD proc by running high health (33k+), mitigation, etc.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically if you don't have VD on your recap - you most likely were the first one to die and start a chain reaction.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago, we, as a group, were told that if the death-blow symbol is next to vicious death, then you are the cause and to increase the health bar.

I do not know if this is true.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure the person who doesn't have it on their recap is the one who proced it, but pretty hard to tell. It is a fairly common set still, so getting finished off with it on you after someone else was hit and taking your health down, thus procing it again doesn't seem that uncommon. So you could have it on your recap, and still be responsible for finishing off everyone nearby still at low health from the first proc.

I have also been under the impression that dying from getting hit by a VD proc, re-procs it off of you, basically causing a chain reaction. But I could be mistaken/misinformed on that.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Pretty sure the person who doesn't have it on their recap is the one who proced it, but pretty hard to tell. It is a fairly common set still, so getting finished off with it on you after someone else was hit and taking your health down, thus procing it again doesn't seem that uncommon. So you could have it on your recap, and still be responsible for finishing off everyone nearby still at low health from the first proc.

I have also been under the impression that dying from getting hit by a VD proc, re-procs it off of you, basically causing a chain reaction. But I could be mistaken/misinformed on that.

it is true, VD can chain proc (because its based on VD wearer getting killing blow, regardless of what caused the killing blow)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 18, 2022 3:39PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

it is true, VD can chain proc (because its based on VD wearer getting killing blow, regardless of what caused the killing blow)

That would explain the time I watch what seemed like an entire faction explode in a keep... It was beyond epic.