Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Portal that's a Placeable Furnishing

PrimusTiberius
PrimusTiberius
✭✭✭✭
A suggestion to ZOS, would like to see furnishing that is a portal (or portals, we would need two), something we can place anywhere in the house, to move from one spot to another while still being in the same house. This would be ideal for those large home areas that come with no structures. We could port from one side to the another side, kinda like what we have at the Hunter's Glade, except we can move it.

Anyone thinks this is a cool idea?

Cheers
Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's a great idea.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. Touring some of the new houses I often think, I'd love that, but I'm only going to build in this bit which is about three minutes and multiple doors away from the entrance. Do I want to walk three minutes every time I enter my house? No. Do I buy the house? No.

Having said that, I'd quite like placeable portals that don't glow too much and don't look too magical. I prefer to keep my houses looking "realistic" without much glowing bling.
    Edited by Northwold on January 27, 2022 4:23PM
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard this suggested a few times over the years and each time, I find myself overwhelmingly agreeing with it. Would absolutely love these.

Opens up so many possibilities and would be really be a fantastic addition.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me show a few photos to help illustrate my point for portals in homes. Recently I started a custom house in Coldharbor's Surreal Estate, built the house is below the floating platform. To enter the home, I needed to constructed a tunnel, which used something in the neighborhood of 300 furnishings, this eats up a large portion of our 700 furnishing limit. I could have more freedom and more furnishings inside the house if I had a portal.

4d413W7.jpg

oOXz3vS.jpg

DMXGJbv.jpg

EwklHPp.jpg

I have plans for Pariah's Pinnacle but getting the area is an obstacle. Its not so much about fast moving to an area, is being able to build in area without constructing long hallways or tunnels. I would love to build a small room with a portal, transporting you to the main structure.

X5ANELv.jpg

HX89iCM.jpg

ijE6ANb.jpg

O9Xkd2p.jpg

Put it in the crown store, put it in as a quest reward for the worlds most longest grindy, grind of a quest, I'll sell you my mother...I don't care, just give us a home portal that we can place.

ZOS_Kevin Sorry about the tag Kevin, but can you send this up to your crew in development and let them know the enthusiastic devotee's of housing are pounding the door down for this? :D

Cheers :smile:
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love portals. All these massive homes are awesome to look at, but a bit of a chore to traverse on foot (can't use mounts, no working ladder furnishings, etc). I keep hoping that portal furnishings will come out and be nice relief to that, but it remains to be seen.

I'd settle for the wooden Grapple Bow posts, as a furnishing. Let me Spider-Man around my house!
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]
    -Frost class/skill line [Wardens count!]
    -Unarmed/monk class or skill line
    -Polearms/spears skill line [Aedric Spear counts, but...]
    -Bound Weapons skill line [Casters should have more than sticks, yeah?]
    -More skill lines in general

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -NPC's: guards and bards, all day
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Boat house [Fair Winds absolutely counts!]
    -Boat furnishings in general
    -Respec/redidication shrines
    -Wayshrines [I can just port to a guildmate, I guess, but...]
    -Undaunted pledge billboards/Undaunted NPC's
    -Crafting writ billboards
    -More mount/pet functionality when placed [Pathing counts!]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
    -Text search boxes [Praise Tall Papa, thank you.]
    -Item conversion/transmogrification [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Previewer/dressing room [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Instead of Arms Packs (or in addition to them), just sell me the blasted VFX
    -Gear loadouts [Armory system counts!]
    -Skill loadouts Armory system counts!
    -Cloaks [I know you said no, but I'm not taking it off my list.]
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have a pair of portals for my Coldharbor house. I built a 210 meter (689 foot) tall house. All the way up to the invisible ceiling. It takes forever to run up the stairs, past the 18 rooms (one for each of my characters), to the top. If you jump off the top floor, it take about 6 seconds to hit the ground.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also love the grapple bow posts. Those would be a blast to build with.

The only downside (exploit) I could see from the portals would be that you could potentially "push" the portal outside the wall (invisible or otherwise) of a house and use them to clip out of the normal housing area.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine idea.

However, I would first like to see a wayshrine we can place in homes so we can travel out to any wayshrine we wanted without having to travel to someone or pay the fee. I think this is especially important since traveling to our homes always creates the debuff that makes manual travel to a wayshrine cost more.

• chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portals would be a fantastic idea. One of the biggest draw-backs of Tel Galen is it has no balcony for viewing the countryside from the tower, and building a ramp to the top both looks hideous AND takes at least around 40-50 slots. A portal that I could place at the top would be ideal for that.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.