The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What set works good with Viscous Death and Balorghs on Magsorc?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Mag Sorc, using Viscous Death, Crafty Alfiq and Balroghs Monster set. I've gotten quite a lot better at PVP over the last few months, die a lot less and make a decent amount of kills so looking to spice up my game a bit to make it more effective. What are some other good sets to switch out to instead of Crafty? I want to keep my VDeath for now.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meta right now seems to be Dark Convergence with Vicious Death/Balorgh if you're wanting to bomb zergs and ball groups.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plaguebreak is the strongest compliment. You have to make the kill with VD for explosion, but Plaguebreak can go off from another player killing them, or even killing a guard with it. Feel liberated in your 5 pieces of medium, but get ready to roll.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    Meta right now seems to be Dark Convergence with Vicious Death/Balorgh if you're wanting to bomb zergs and ball groups.

I forgot to mention I've tried DC set, it does work but not many zergs lately or larger groups sadly. One on one it felt gimpy to me, I died a lot more!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaguebreak is the strongest compliment. You have to make the kill with VD for explosion, but Plaguebreak can go off from another player killing them, or even killing a guard with it. Feel liberated in your 5 pieces of medium, but get ready to roll.

I'll try that tonight thanks!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kvatch gladiator isnt too bad of a set to use as a sorc if you want easy executes, as this adds like ~1500 weapon/spell dmg to basically anything hitting a target under 25% hp, and its bonuses are fully hybridized and you can make any armor weight you want since its crafted
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Sorc, using Viscous Death, Crafty Alfiq and Balroghs Monster set. I've gotten quite a lot better at PVP over the last few months, die a lot less and make a decent amount of kills so looking to spice up my game a bit to make it more effective. What are some other good sets to switch out to instead of Crafty? I want to keep my VDeath for now.

I prefer Spinners/VD myself, it never let's me down. I also don't use a monster "set", I wear 2 single pieces for more Mag/Stam. I am not a number cruncher, so there is that, it just feels better to me. I tossed around the PB idea's Spin/PB or VD/PB, but stuck with what I am using because it works for me... your mileage may vary.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plaguebreak / VD combined with shock ring works well for me. Mages Wrath a low target to get the ball rolling. Sometimes Balorgh, sometimes mismatched sets for more stats.

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Plaguebreak / VD combined with shock ring works well for me. Mages Wrath a low target to get the ball rolling. Sometimes Balorgh, sometimes mismatched sets for more stats.

Thanks all. I'm acquiring a PB set and will try it out. What set is the "shock ring"?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Thanks all. I'm acquiring a PB set and will try it out. What set is the "shock ring"?

shock ring is elemental ring morph of impulse using a lightning staff (bonus is it deals more dmg the more people are in the area of effect)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014