Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anybody noticed that the dungeons are harder?

Tallynn
Tallynn
✭✭
My husband and I went back to Wayrest Sewers I. From the start, the minibosses took much longer to kill. None of our equipment changed, yet the mini's and the main boss kicked our butts. We've done this dungeon about 30 times and never had this issue before. Also, the main had more than 5 million hit points. Hubby running the Maw head and shoulders and Mother's Sorrow. I'm running New Moon and Aegis Caller. I've not heard that any of these were nerfed in the last couple of patches.

Any ideas??
  • Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it possible you run the dungeon on vet (versus normal) mode?
  • Tallynn
    Tallynn
    ✭✭
    No, we both made certain we chose Wayrest I. There were no additional monsters in the dungeon, same layout, etc. Usually, Wayrest II and Vet Wayrest have a larger dungeon and more minibosses and such.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Wayrest 1 is the same layout whether on vet or normal, there is no difference in that regards. If you check your group type you will find it set to veteran rather than normal
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, wayrest 1 in normal is still easy.

It is a very good dungeon to learn the mechanics, each role has its importance, aoe, taunt, block/dodge/bash etc. I really like this dungeon as it for new players and I consider it as one of the best tutorial ever (like banniched cells and fungal grotto)

Edited by Xarc on February 15, 2022 1:05AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like what I did a few weeks ago when everybody was farming rat man for the weekly endeavor. I figured I'd head on in with Bastian and get my kills quick, which I eventually did thanks to Brawlerspam and Bastian's heals, but the bosses were annoying enough that I decided to quit after I got my endeavor done instead of finishing the dungeon. It wasn't until I was dumping my (purple) gear in the bank that I realized the dang thing was set to vet.

On the plus side, that was how I learned that I can solo half of vet Wayrest 1. :D
    Edited by Ilsabet on February 15, 2022 1:18AM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA