The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any Race Any Alliance - Is it for one character or is it account wide?

Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
✭✭✭✭
Is the 'any race any alliance' pack for one character or is it account wide? I'm thinking almost certainly one character only. But I don't want to buy two (it is on sale) & discover in a weeks time that I needed to buy it only once.

thx
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 14, 2022 11:55PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's account wide. The being able to make any race under any alliance that is. The extra thingies in the pack I assume are a one time thing.
    Edited by Snamyap on February 9, 2022 1:52PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'd need multiple 'alliance change tokens' if you wanted to move more existing characters, but it is account wide so you can make new characters of any alliance.

I've been told the race change token also functions as an appearance change token, if you decide to keep the same race. That would make it a good price vs. the appearance change token directly.
    Edited by Fennwitty on February 9, 2022 1:55PM
    PC NA
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    It's account wide. The being able to make any race under any alliance that is. The extra thingies in the pack I assume are a one time thing.
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    You'd need multiple 'alliance change tokens' if you wanted to move more existing characters, but it is account wide so you can make new characters of any alliance.

I've been told the race change token also functions as an appearance change token, if you decide to keep the same race. That would make it a good price vs. the appearance change token directly.
    I love & appreciate the answers, soooooooo happy. I was convinced I was going to get a stream of 'didn't you read the description it is clearly per character' you idiot type answers
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this upgrade mattered a lot more before one tamriel where faction had an impact on pve

now its more of a personal preference or pvp-related choice (or like me who was just in the habit of making all AD toons from pre-one tamriel era lol)

plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering the cost of race change/name change it's a good price.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also to note that Any Race Any Alliance is an account unlock, so you can't buy a second one once you've unlocked it (unless you are gifting it to another account)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Also to note that Any Race Any Alliance is an account unlock, so you can't buy a second one once you've unlocked it (unless you are gifting it to another account)

I had the any race any alliance prior to buying the bundle that's for sale, I got a warning that said I owned part of the bundle. *You can buy the bundle once if you want name/race change tokens at 1800c*
    Edited by Wolfpaw on February 10, 2022 4:56AM
  • Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    Onyx_Werewolf_Gnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think this upgrade mattered a lot more before one tamriel where faction had an impact on pve

now its more of a personal preference or pvp-related choice (or like me who was just in the habit of making all AD toons from pre-one tamriel era lol)

This is me, I was stuck with only three races to choose from because I could not countenance having a character with a different alliance to the first one I created. I loathe two of those races so apart from Imperial I had no options.

I'm just waiting on Zos to put the 'buy an extra character slot' on sale now :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With the OP's questions regarding the "Any Race Any Alliance" bundle being answered, we've decided to go ahead and close out the discussion. You can find out more information about this bundle by viewing our FAQ below.

How do I create a character of the Alliance and the race that I want?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.