The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Furnishing Plans Drop From Chests/Troves?

Fennwitty
Fennwitty
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've heard and read on some sites that furnishing plans simply don't drop from treasure chests. 0% chance.

I don't remember getting any myself and I've opened A LOT of chests. So it seems likely.

Is this basically a 'known fact' that furnishing plans don't drop from treasure chests?

What about Thieves' Troves?

Are there any exceptions?
Edited by Fennwitty on February 13, 2022 2:27PM
PC NA

Best Answers

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got a furnishing plan from a treasure chest, but the little bags we can get after leveling Mirri up to a certain point will sometimes have plans in them (the bags are "found" inside treasure chests).
    Answer ✓
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have looted a lot of treasure chests in my years of play, never a furnishing plan. Sometimes a motif page.

It would be nice if we could get furnishing plans that way. This business of now having one room in a whole zone to find plans in containers (stolen or otherwise) is a huge waste of time. 30 seconds later you’ve essentially farmed the entire zone and you’re done. If you get anything it’s usually a lame green provisioning plan that you’ve pulled 10,000 times already.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 14, 2022 5:26AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Answer ✓
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I get a new furnishing recipe, more than half the time its stolen. I have a tendency to go around areas and steal from containers without looking at what I grabbed. Usually recipes are found within, mob drops are less frequent. Mirri's treasure bags have a low chance at them, lower still you get blue (250g) and purple (1500g) vendor trophies; I don't think I have ever seen a legendary (???g) vendor trophy before.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I get a new furnishing recipe, more than half the time its stolen. I have a tendency to go around areas and steal from containers without looking at what I grabbed. Usually recipes are found within, mob drops are less frequent. Mirri's treasure bags have a low chance at them, lower still you get blue (250g) and purple (1500g) vendor trophies; I don't think I have ever seen a legendary (???g) vendor trophy before.

i think the only gold steal-able "vendor trophy" are the kari hit list items, but you cant actually vendor those even though they have a value

there are several gold items you can find while stealing though (imperial motif, the cheese when pickpocketing, etc)

out of the 3 imperial motifs ive found, 2 were stolen lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014