The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

TTC Questions

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am moving to a new computer. I am trying to get TTC running again and I noticed that the instructions said to manually download the data daily.

- Is that really required?
- The TTC client icon on the new computer looks different than the one on my old system. Why is that?
- What things do I need to install outside the addon?
- How do I get it to update automatically?

Also
- Can TTC be set to load data for both NA and EU?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I'll just break down the responses in the same order that you asked:
    1. No it is not required, however, your data will be out of date if you do not regularly update it. If you do not wish to use the client, you can also use their web client, which does not require you to run an exe.
    2. No idea, it looks the same to me after I moved computers
    3. Nothing, the addon is the only required part. If you wish, you can also use the client (included with the addon) to update the data, however, you can also use the method described in 1.
    4. If you run the client, then the addon will auto-update its data. Alternately, you can set up a python/bash/batch script that auto-downloads the latest data from the website, then launches the game. I personally do this, I made a python script that downloads the latest data from the URL in 1, then extracts it and launches the game.
    5. It should be able to. if doing the manual download, then change the us in the URL to eu. I think the addon client auto determines which server you play on, but I'm not sure.

Before making my script to auto-update, I previously only updated my data when I was looking to sell a bunch of stuff, so that could also be an option.

EDIT:
    After making this post, I also found this setting in the client window, which allows you to make eso run after opening the client. So basically, it would just be you open the client, then the data auto-downloads, and then the game opens. (Not sure if this is what you want, thought I'd mention it though)5jiulkept1p2.png

Edited by M0R_Gaming on February 10, 2022 3:32PM
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    Hey, I'll just break down the responses in the same order that you asked:
    1. No it is not required, however, your data will be out of date if you do not regularly update it. If you do not wish to use the client, you can also use their web client, which does not require you to run an exe.
    2. No idea, it looks the same to me after I moved computers
    3. Nothing, the addon is the only required part. If you wish, you can also use the client (included with the addon) to update the data, however, you can also use the method described in 1.
    4. If you run the client, then the addon will auto-update its data. Alternately, you can set up a python/bash/batch script that auto-downloads the latest data from the website, then launches the game. I personally do this, I made a python script that downloads the latest data from the URL in 1, then extracts it and launches the game.
    5. It should be able to. if doing the manual download, then change the us in the URL to eu. I think the addon client auto determines which server you play on, but I'm not sure.

Before making my script to auto-update, I previously only updated my data when I was looking to sell a bunch of stuff, so that could also be an option.

EDIT:
    After making this post, I also found this setting in the client window, which allows you to make eso run after opening the client. So basically, it would just be you open the client, then the data auto-downloads, and then the game opens. (Not sure if this is what you want, thought I'd mention it though)5jiulkept1p2.png

Thanks. I want the auto-update features. I don't mind running the web client, but I am getting confused on what to run for that. The client in the addon folder does not seem to be it. What seems to be the download page is odd on the TTC site.

The client on my original machine does tell me to restart it when it sees I have changed servers. I just wish it would auto-download data for both servers without the need to "switch".

I also cannot figure out how to get that "settings" dialog again. Maybe I said "don't remind me again" and it is now gone?

I will try to look into this more.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Does your client in your addon folder look the same as the one I had opened above (minus the settings window)? If not, then your ttc install may be outdated. When you run the client exe, the data should auto download, then you just have to /reloadui to get the data fully updated in-game.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    Does your client in your addon folder look the same as the one I had opened above (minus the settings window)? If not, then your ttc install may be outdated. When you run the client exe, the data should auto download, then you just have to /reloadui to get the data fully updated in-game.

I have minion running on my old computer, so the TTC addon should be up to date.

I guess I just need to take the plunge and work it out. It will be a great speed boost for me overall.
    PC
    PS4/PS5