The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please add Refinement Default setting with Min / Max options

zantarizb14_ESO
zantarizb14_ESO
✭✭✭
I prefer to refine my materials one refinement at a time instead of in bulk. I'd like the option to set my default refinement to Minimum instead of maximum.

I've almost accidentally refined in bulk due to the default setting and actually did once. When you have over a thousand of a material, that's kind of hear breaking.

It seems like it would make a lot more sense to have the default at Minimum with the option for maximum anyway. If you accidentally did the wrong thing with the default at minimum, then it's not big deal... set it to maximum and then your set. The other way around is not the same. You can't undo it.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a minimum, just press the button once instead of holding it, just like you did before they added the ability to do them all the same time.
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear... this post wasn't about having the Option of refining the minimum amount... it was about having the option to set the Default to minimum.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you said default, which I completely disagree with as 99% of people would rather max be default.

We don't really need the option either, as like I said, you can just press the button instead of holding it.

So it's kind of irrelevant.
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Please re-read the original post. I did not suggest that the default should be set to minimum. I'm requesting that a setting be added so the player can set their default to minimum or maximum.

It's not irrelevant. Re-read the original post.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, but why do you want to refine one at a time? When you have over a thousand, that's a lot of clicking.
    PC - NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been proven over time by the mass crafters that the refine rate for getting tempers is the same no matter the amount.

Now, if you are looking to just refine some of your raw mats, you can off load to say a Home Container or a Mule AltUnfortunately, the Bank does not work as the station pulls from both.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It has been proven over time by the mass crafters that the refine rate for getting tempers is the same no matter the amount.

Now, if you are looking to just refine some of your raw mats, you can off load to say a Home Container or a Mule AltUnfortunately, the Bank does not work as the station pulls from both.

housing storage would work for that, because crafting tables do not pull from those (you cant see gear items kept in a storage container for decon/upgrade/transmute/etc)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. I'm not sure how I ever would have found it under that title. I did search ESOUI for multiple key words I expected would find any addon that performed the task.
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I don't know if it's been "proven" as you say, nor do I care. I haven't searched for an extensive study on the matter. I am personally more comfortable doing it my way. Options... I like options. As having the option would not ill affect you or anyone else, I don't see the harm in adding it. Instead of game design that caters to player options, we have to have a player created mod to accomplish it. That's fine.

Regardless, I prefer the luck of averages to tossing the dice. There is RNG involved, so if you feel prone to misfortune, you're better off going with an average of many results.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it's been "proven" as you say, nor do I care. I haven't searched for an extensive study on the matter. I am personally more comfortable doing it my way. Options... I like options. As having the option would not ill affect you or anyone else, I don't see the harm in adding it. Instead of game design that caters to player options, we have to have a player created mod to accomplish it. That's fine.

Regardless, I prefer the luck of averages to tossing the dice. There is RNG involved, so if you feel prone to misfortune, you're better off going with an average of many results.

Each "roll" in doing them 10/100/1000 at a time is still an independent event. It's not like they roll once and multiply the outcome by the number of refines.

I do have the data, if you care to ever look. Link in my signature. But you are always free to do it how you wish.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're after gold mats, the best source isn't refining it's from max rank daily crafting writs especially with Jewelycrafting. The more alts you have with rank 5 platinum JC doing daily crafting writs, the more chances at chromium grains (1-2) and sometimes a full plating (10% chance) you get out of the box.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're after gold mats, the best source isn't refining it's from max rank daily crafting writs especially with Jewelycrafting. The more alts you have with rank 5 platinum JC doing daily crafting writs, the more chances at chromium grains (1-2) and sometimes a full plating (10% chance) you get out of the box.

giphy.gif
    PC - NA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejayvee wrote: »

giphy.gif

Some don't realize doing daily crafting writs is a good source especially those with single or few characters who may not see bulk results with a dozen or more. Others may not bother raising alts to max rank either to understand the benefits behind doing so which is the point of my post.