The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

40k Plague Infected immediate death...... um what?

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Instantly died from the Plaguebreak set earlier 40k in a single hit.. Someone please tell me how to attach the Death Recap I have a screenshot of it. This set is insanely broken played ESO since beta never seen anything like this before! Would love to share the death recap but I don't know how to
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 9, 2022 1:04AM
Ad Victoriam!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaguebreak explodes and scales in power depending on the number of enemies that get hit by the explosion. A tooltip that high likely just means you were surrounded by a stack of allies and someone purged.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Plaguebreak explodes and scales in power depending on the number of enemies that get hit by the explosion. A tooltip that high likely just means you were surrounded by a stack of allies and someone purged.

No I was in a tower only near guards
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proc can sneak it's way through separate groups of players and end up spread out over a very large area. the final explosion will often hit players that are only close to like 1 or 2 people, but those people happen to have a 20x plague break on them.

It is stupid that it's allowed to reach that much damage. Should be capped at like 20k.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure flag guards can purge too.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also procs on death. So if someone around you died with the effect on them it explodes. Super broken. Not even the ball groups who exploit it like the set.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »

Friendly guards can also have Plaguebreak on them. So when they die, they explode. It is not a good idea to be near friendly guards when they are low health.
    It also procs on death. So if someone around you died with the effect on them it explodes. Super broken. Not even the ball groups who exploit it like the set.

The set is not bad. Rarely have I died to it or anyone in my group. As long as you don't aoe purge, you're generally fine. But that would be my only problem with the set - that it doesn't allow aoe purging at all.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope its working as intended, it punishes people who are stacking. So stop zerging and you wont get hit with huge procs like that.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    Nope its working as intended, it punishes people who are stacking. So stop zerging and you wont get hit with huge procs like that.

I was stacked with guards..... Don't think that was intended
    Ad Victoriam!
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop playing as a team in a team based game mode. Got it.

Set wasn't added to prevent stacking. The devs directly said it was to punish purge spamming.

Let's also not forget the sets they added that allow you to stack people up against their will.
    maxjapank wrote: »

Friendly guards can also have Plaguebreak on them. So when they die, they explode. It is not a good idea to be near friendly guards when they are low health.

The set is not bad. Rarely have I died to it or anyone in my group. As long as you don't aoe purge, you're generally fine. But that would be my only problem with the set - that it doesn't allow aoe purging at all.

Agreed that the AOE purge is the main issue with the set in general, I rarely die to it as well. My general point tho was they basically added a cheaper form of VD to the game that is super easy to proc.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on February 8, 2022 10:00PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Set wasn't added to prevent stacking. The devs directly said it was to punish purge spamming.

Let's also not forget the sets they added that allow you to stack people up against their will.

Agreed that the AOE purge is the main issue with the set in general, I rarely die to it as well. My general point tho was they basically added a cheaper form of VD to the game that is super easy to proc.

The set was introduced to prevent purge spamming, in a patch with other sets, all specifically designed to force groups of players to spread out more.

Who Purge spams? Ball Groups
    What do Ball Groups do? They stack on top of each other

So yeah, the set was introduced to discourage stacking, by discouraging the use of purge while stacked. And if you fail to do either of those two things, you potentially blow up your group.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The set was introduced to prevent purge spamming, in a patch with other sets, all specifically designed to force groups of players to spread out more.

So yeah, the set was introduced to discourage stacking, by discouraging the use of purge while stacked. And if you fail to do either of those two things, you potentially blow up your group.

And yet ball groups are the ones using this set to farm zergs. While not dying from it themselves.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And yet ball groups are the ones using this set to farm zergs. While not dying from it themselves.

Whatever you do, organized groups will find workarounds. Not being able to aoe purge is a hindrance. It has forced groups to be more wary of oils and siege. This set has made groups run more hots to make up for being unable to purge. Groups have added more health. They have used group shields more. But personally, I like the set. It's fun and not too punishing if you know how to deal with it.

I will give the Devs props. They designed a very interesting set, and with the new patch, I am interested to see how this set - Enervating Aura - works out.

Enervating Aura "When you deal Direct Damage, you have a 10% chance to create an area under the target that detonates after 1 second, applying Enervating Aura for 10 seconds. Enervating Aura lowers the Health Recovery, Magicka Recovery, and Stamina Recovery of enemy Players by 129 per player hit. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds."

This set could also make organized groups feel some pain. That could be a massive amount of regen lost for 10 secs. But at the same time, it's gonna hurt everyone who stacks.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

Go watch TYR, "Captain Morgan Gaming" on twitch arguably the best ball group PC/NA usually their group deaths are because of plaguebreak procs. You clearly have never run in a ballgroup or watched a ballgroup to know what ballgroups die from.

This is what I dont like about the forums, people make things up to push their agenda.
    Edited by BlakMarket on February 8, 2022 11:52PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go watch TYR, "Captain Morgan Gaming" on twitch arguably the best ball group PC/NA usually their group deaths are because of plaguebreak procs. You clearly have never run in a ballgroup or watched a ballgroup to know what ballgroups die from.

This is what I dont like about the forums, people make things up to push their agenda.

Dude I lead a ball group. Doesn't affect us at all. Zero.
  • BardInSolitude
    BardInSolitude
    ✭✭✭

Almost every single set which can be used against ball groups is even more effective against everyone else. Why? Two words: Dark Convergence. Besides, purging is not even necessary with all the broken CP free stats, so we have not been affected at all. Dark Convergence is the ultimate zerg buster and has facilitated synergy drops, and made VD and PB incredibly powerful in open field battles.

The crux of a ball group's burst is more-or-less a tried and tested formula: pull all enemies into a tight space (DC or other equivalent set), Negate and soft/hard CC them, stack synergies with Harmony, kill everyone with DC/PB the moment the weakest link goes down. When ball groups are fighting against each other we are merely competing at who can do this stuff better at a mechanical/tactical level as well as who can design build comps that can do this stuff more effectively.

I mean, you know that VD has been the number one ball group DD set for years, right? PB is basically VD but with a somewhat different approach to it. And, sure, PB and VD are great sets against ball groups in theory, but good luck killing even one player in a top-tier ball group. A zerg simply doesn't have the burst to take down a ball group, and sustain damage is useless against groups that run a barrage of sticky HoTs and Barrier rotations, so it's mostly ball groups that can take down other ball groups - and those of course use PB and VD, as I already said.

In conclusion, I really don't understand where you got the idea that PB is some kind of ball-group buster. As soon as DC and PB came out many of us changed our build comps to include them, that's how ball-group-friendly they are.
    Edited by BardInSolitude on February 9, 2022 12:37AM
    DC loyalist. Ball group afficionado. Bard.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭

Almost every single set which can be used against ball groups is even more effective against everyone else. Why? Two words: Dark Convergence. Besides, purging is not even necessary with all the broken CP free stats, so we have not been affected at all. Dark Convergence is the ultimate zerg buster and has facilitated synergy drops, and made VD and PB incredibly powerful in open field battles.

The crux of a ball group's burst is more-or-less a tried and tested formula: pull all enemies into a tight space (DC or other equivalent set), Negate and soft/hard CC them, stack synergies with Harmony, kill everyone with DC/PB the moment the weakest link goes down. When ball groups are fighting against each other we are merely competing at who can do this stuff better at a mechanical/tactical level as well as who can design build comps that can do this stuff more effectively.

I mean, you know that VD has been the number one ball group DD set for years, right? PB is basically VD but with a somewhat different approach to it. And, sure, PB and VD are great sets against ball groups in theory, but good luck killing even one player in a top-tier ball group. A zerg simply doesn't have the burst to take down a ball group, and sustain damage is useless against groups that run a barrage of sticky HoTs and Barrier rotations, so it's mostly ball groups that can take down other ball groups - and those of course use PB and VD, as I already said.

In conclusion, I really don't understand where you got the idea that PB is some kind of ball-group buster. As soon as DC and PB came out many of us changed our build comps to include them, that's how ball-group-friendly they are.

I never said it was a ball group buster, the previous comment was about how it was designed to kill ballgroups but never kills them, when in fact I've been killed multiple times in ballgroup format from plaguebreak procs in keep fights, and watched ballgroups being wiped from the proc also.

If a good ballgroup runs for 2-3 hours, they will maybe wipe 2-4 times 1 to 2 of the 4 times will be from a pb proc, especially around npcs.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

But PB is exponentially easier to proc since I only need one person running it, and it procs no matter what kills them. So I can have on DD run PB while everyone else runs VD or whatever other set the group likes to use.

[snip]

I never said it was a ball group buster, the previous comment was about how it was designed to kill ballgroups but never kills them, when in fact I've been killed multiple times in ballgroup format from plaguebreak procs in keep fights, and watched ballgroups being wiped from the proc also.

If a good ballgroup runs for 2-3 hours, they will maybe wipe 2-4 times 1 to 2 of the 4 times will be from a pb proc, especially around npcs.

Would it satisfy you if I said ball groups rarely die to plague break procs? Since usually doesn't happen unless someone dies in the middle of us. We just don't purge at all. But in comparison to the damage you can deal to unorganized groups it's a much more potent weapon for ball groups to use.

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 9, 2022 1:03AM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

After review, we have decided it best to close this thread due to the amount of Flaming that has occurred. Flaming is a violation of the Community Rules, and is stated as follows:
    • Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    When making threads/posts, we ask that all members of the community please keep the guidelines in mind. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.