The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ESO+ membership and renewal of subscription - can you "awake" a passive account?

SweetSleepParalysis
SweetSleepParalysis
Soul Shriven
Does anybody know for how long all the information that is connected to your account is stored on the server (crowns and all stuff that have fitted in your crafting bag during ESO+ membership) if you previously have been an ESO plus member, but then decide to pay for the next ESO plus membership with a small break in between, i.e., if you choose not to continue your membership right away when the membership runs out, but choose to do this a couple of months later?

At the moment, I am not playing ESO at all, because I have so much else to do. However, I will continue to play in the near future. Besides, playing without ESO+ is not an option anymore.

I just want to be reassured that all my code will be stored safe and sound until the day I renew my ESO+ subscription. I am afraid that Bethesda will remove all unnecessary account information stored on the server if the account has not been used for a certain period of time. So, is there any kind of time limit for how long one can leave the information (code) just "laying" there on the server, without the risk of it being lost, i.e., permanently flushed into oblivion. Is it months or years? Is there an exact time limit for how long one can have a "passive" account on the server?
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be fine. People can be offline for months, even years, and all the data is still there regardless of ESO+ status or not. I know someone who returned after 5 years and everything was still there in their account.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody know for how long all the information that is connected to your account is stored on the server (crowns and all stuff that have fitted in your crafting bag during ESO+ membership) if you previously have been an ESO plus member, but then decide to pay for the next ESO plus membership with a small break in between, i.e., if you choose not to continue your membership right away when the membership runs out, but choose to do this a couple of months later?

ZOS is a hoarder. Rather than throwing out accounts and stuff, they toss them into a giant freezer. :smile:

As far as I know, ZOS does not delete accounts or account information, characters, banks, etc... unless told to via ticket. You will be fine.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 23, 2022 6:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will not delete any of your account information, regardless of whether you're paying for ESO+ or even logging in or not. You can stop playing (and paying) for as long as you like and everything will still be there when you come back.

The most that will happen is if you don't log in for a long time your account will be put into "cold storage", but all that means is the first time you log in you'll have a longer loading screen. Nothing will be lost or deleted.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SweetSleepParalysis
    SweetSleepParalysis
    Soul Shriven
    You'll be fine. People can be offline for months, even years, and all the data is still there regardless of ESO+ status or not. I know someone who returned after 5 years and everything was still there in their account.
    Elsonso wrote: »
    ZOS is a hoarder. Rather than throwing out accounts and stuff, they toss them into a giant freezer. :smile:

As far as I know, ZOS does not delete accounts or account information, characters, banks, etc... unless told to via ticket. You will be fine.
    Danikat wrote: »
    ZOS will not delete any of your account information, regardless of whether you're paying for ESO+ or even logging in or not. You can stop playing (and paying) for as long as you like and everything will still be there when you come back.

Alright. Good to know. Thanks for the replies.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And in the meantime folks that want to use the names of your characters will moan and whine about "if the person using that name has not logged in in [whatever amount of time]I should get to use that name".
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis