Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daedra as a playable race?

PvXGamer
PvXGamer
✭✭✭
Conspiracy Theory

So now that we're 'besties' with the Daedra, are our illustrious overlords going to implement Daedra as a playable race? And would you create one or race-change an existing character to play as one?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be a bit awkward, seeing as how there's a number of quests that rely on you not being a daedra in order to pass through the daedra-blocking wards.

Like, Lyranth is pretty clear in several quests over the last year that you are basically a useful pair of hands doing something she can't.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well all the humanoid daedra in fargrave got updated models, and you can see customisation has been added in regards to face shape, size and accessories such as horns. Like we have with the playable races. So it wouldn’t be that far fetched in the future to have them added to playable races. As the vestige we are not really fully mortal. But like @VaranisArano said some of the dialect in game would be a contradiction. We will see.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be a bit awkward, seeing as how there's a number of quests that rely on you not being a daedra in order to pass through the daedra-blocking wards.

Like, Lyranth is pretty clear in several quests over the last year that you are basically a useful pair of hands doing something she can't.

This is a good point.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have broken stories before, so I doubt that would hold them back. After all, there are some stories that depend upon not having a soul, which can now be done before your soul is removed. They made some major story mistakes along the way. Hopefully, they learned something that they can take forward to their next game.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love Nass in Fargrave, her voice is amazing.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dremora and Xiviali are sadly to cool looking to be playable races

It's the rule of cool, the coolest races in a setting are never playable. :p
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztrias wrote: »

If you just want the look, there's some nice Xivkyn polymorphs from the Imperial City content that can sometimes by bought from Guild traders.
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they would do this since we have a few different Xivkyn polymorphs(ICS, VMA).
    Aztrias wrote: »

Also yes, The Rule of Cool is absolute!
    Edited by atherusmora on December 24, 2021 1:00PM
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the Player Character is a mortal is taken as read throughout the existing content. All of it. It is also the main topic of nearly every conversation we have with daedra in Fargrave. To an RP player like me this would be game breaking.
    PC EU
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    I have at least three characters I would race change in a heartbeat to Daedra if it were an option. I am a self-professed appearance aficionado. I stare at these characters for hours upon hours and I want them to look visually appealing all of the time. The issue with the polymorphs is that you have no control over the overall appearance of the character. If Daedra were a race, I'm sure you would have control over appearance options like horns and skin color, not to mention you could dress them however you wish.
    Edited by PvXGamer on December 24, 2021 8:41PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvXGamer wrote: »
    Conspiracy Theory

So now that we're 'besties' with the Daedra, are our illustrious overlords going to implement Daedra as a playable race? And would you create one or race-change an existing character to play as one?
    The fact that the Player Character is a mortal is taken as read throughout the existing content. All of it. It is also the main topic of nearly every conversation we have with daedra in Fargrave. To an RP player like me this would be game breaking.

Yeah, and as daedra everytime we wipe we'd have to go to back to the azure plasm ^^; But as others mentioned, we have the polyomorphs, if anyone wants to RP at least.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    I agree for it. I think there should be besides the alliances to have the non alliance part playing with. Daedric, Goblins, etc
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A lot of us already have that problem when playing with Vampires, there are numerous Daedra in Fargrave who claim that the player character has a short lifespan even if your a Vampire, not only can a Vampiric Vestige live forever but they can revive whenever they are destroyed and much quicker then a Daedra can, how exactly are we "mortal"?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A lot of us already have that problem when playing with Vampires, there are numerous Daedra in Fargrave who claim that the player character has a short lifespan even if your a Vampire, not only can a Vampiric Vestige live forever but they can revive whenever they are destroyed and much quicker then a Daedra can, how exactly are we "mortal"?

The definition of "mortal" in TES is different to that used in real life. There is an extra meaning to the word in TES. It's not just a matter of being subject to death.

To put it briefly, in TES mortals are spirits that are subject to Lorkhan's test. Many daedra know that, including Princes and dremora. Many mortals do not know, or do not accept that they are subject to Lorkhan's test (but such ignorance is part of the mortal condition).

Vampires are "mortals" in that they are still subject to Lorkhan's test. Vampirism can be cured. From a dremora's point of view Vampirism is a temporary condition, as is being a mortal spirit. Both states have an end. Dremora do not see themselves as having an end.
    PC EU
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm a Daedra Templar with Oblivion Jabs and a sexy voice....Daedra Vader

You will all be afraedra of my Daedra!