Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Light attacks vs heavy vs... medium?

Khazaad
Khazaad
✭✭✭
Is this simply understood so well it doesn't need mentioning or am I just making up the medium weapon attack?

More than a tap, less than a full swing for moderate damage? Is it relevant?

I've really only ever used two handed and staves so I'm unsure if this "mid swing" would be a different "cast time" that varies between styles. Then again, I'm not sure where my pants are atm either.

Two part question: Where the heck are my pants? I forget the second part.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A medium attack is when you begin to charge a heavy attack but release it while the wind up is begining. So you avoid the full wind up time and you get a bit more damage out of it than a light attack.

(I have had heavy attacks do less than light attacks during the Torug set bug so I think what is occurring is that there is a heavy wind up timer that determines heavy attack damage. With the Torug set some of those wind up times could occur with out any time causing the heavy attack to do less damage than a light. This is why I think heavy attack damage may be based on a timer.)

With the Torug set soon to be fixed I don't see a good reason to use a medium weapon attack unless that amount of damage will be the most efficient way to remove the final bit of health on a mob.

You can't combo a medium heavy with anything so the Heavy/light combo is the best way to go right now. A medium heavy weapon attack will just slow you down with the exception of a final hit.

(There is a lot of extra, non timer animation in a heavy so you can always pop an instant when the timer window is complete for a full heavy attack and lose some of that extra animation. )

P.S. I saw a Kahjit running off with a pair of pants. He's probably going to pawn your pants for more moon sugar.
    Edited by Armitas on April 29, 2014 2:03PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    @armitas That was such a concise articulate response I'm still digesting it...Turns out it was me who sold them to the Kahjit for the moon sugar tho. Considering I'm pretty sure I blacked out, this also makes perfect sense. Thanks.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Glad to help.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK