The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Brainfart or Bug?

KyleTheYounger
KyleTheYounger
✭✭✭
Ran several toons to max the reward coffers that were being handed out in the recent event. The quest is the Bounties of Blackwood. The quest giver was the NPC named Chanil-Jei and he was located just outside Alinor at that cart where the Impressario had her camp. Did all the intro quests for this NPC with my Templar toon. Only had to return to collect the coffer rewards. Arrived at the NPC but irl made me quit the game.

Forgot about following up with the NPC until now (when of course the event is over). Relogged back into this toon to do some dallies when I realized the quest was still active in my log. While the obvious solution to this brain fart is to cancel this quest (or just wait a yr or so for the event to reoccur) there seems to be a bug/glitch.

The Impressario is back to whatever parts of Tamriel she hangs out in when not at events. And her NPC employee (Phallius Dormier) is still at the original site where I last left him.

But the problem now is while the event quest NPC is no longer available, that flying dragon collectible and those 2 NPCs modeling the Dragon skins are STILL there?? Is this a glitch in my game or is that normal? I'm afraid to delete the quest because if it's a glitch/bug on my end, it could somehow corrupt this toon I've been leveling up
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you're confusing last year's flying pet and two npcs modeling a skin with this year's.

Last year was a floating rock and a reddish skin, this year is a gold dragon and a goldish scale skin.

There's not currently an event (next one starting soon) but the 'previews' seem to hang out now.
    PC NA
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Right I know that. What I'm seeing is the flying golden dragon of this most recent (expired) event with the skins you can morph it into. The next thing you can morph the dragon pet into doesn't come out until Q2.

So it seems they're leaving those 2 NPCs and the golden dragon out at the event sites until next event. A great immersive touch.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right I know that. What I'm seeing is the flying golden dragon of this most recent (expired) event with the skins you can morph it into. The next thing you can morph the dragon pet into doesn't come out until Q2.

So it seems they're leaving those 2 NPCs and the golden dragon out at the event sites until next event. A great immersive touch.

Both the dragon and skin continue into at least the next event. It's not always 1 morph per event.

Nobody has the skin yet. The final piece will be available in Whitestrake's Mayhem.

The dragon pet will be here all year round -- it's the thing you convert into the skin/whatever else they release.
    PC NA