Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Retrieving Transmute Crystals

Dynan3
Dynan3
There is much confusion in game as to getting Transmute Crystals returned to a player after DECONSTRUCTION a previously RECONSTRUCTED item.

On my main character, I reconstructed Ebon Sabatons. I then DECONSTRUCTED them and got no transmute crystals back, (I did this a few times with guidance from experienced players....to no avail.) I cannot find any concise guide as to the requirements to recover transmute crystals. (Same constructing character? Regular blacksmithing station? Master Craftsman needed?)

Live, in-game an experienced (guild member) player reconstructed an item, the deconstructed it and got 25 (max return) for his deconstruction. I get none back. I am using the character that constructed the item. The sabatons were used on a different character (same account).

Can anyone set me straight as to why my crystals evaporated? Or send me to a complete guide for Transmute Station / Crafting Station mechanics?

Best Answer

• Dynan3
    Dynan3
    My Fault. The char that I was trying to deconstruct with did not know the TRAIT that was on the item being deconned. With the proper research, everything went fine. It was just a 100 gem lesson for me.

Thanks for your time and attention.
    Answer ✓
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be as simple as deconstructing a reconstructed item. I suspect if you're doing this multiple times and not receiving any transmutes back there may be something you're doing wrong. If you have the ability to stream to friends (twitch or discord), try showing them what you are doing as I have never heard of anyone with this issue before.

Is it possible you're deconstructing a transmuted trait item? That would not give any transmutes back upon deconstruction.
  • Dynan3
    Dynan3
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The player I mentioned above just told me the I need to own the ENTIRE SET in my sticker book to be able to retrieve transmute crystals. It worked for him. Is this, in fact, the case?
  • Dynan3
    Dynan3
    P.S. I did this while he watched, and saw nothing wrong except that I hadn't collected the entire Ebon set in my sticker book.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dynan3 wrote: »

The player I mentioned above just told me the I need to own the ENTIRE SET in my sticker book to be able to retrieve transmute crystals. It worked for him. Is this, in fact, the case?

You will always get 25 transmutes back when you deconstruct a reconstructed item. It doesn't matter how many pieces of the set you have. It won't matter which character on your account does the deconstruction and your extraction skill won't matter. It will always be 25 crystals back.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dynan3 wrote: »

This should not be the case. I deconstructed items I have reconstructed and received the standard 25 crystals, and it was for a set that is not fully complete in the book. Sounds like a bug? That, or perhaps you're maxed. Check your currencies, maybe you're at the cap already.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2400+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you already at 1000 crystals?

Because it doesn't give you a box or anything, it just adds them to your currency.

The only thing I can think of is that you're at cap.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing a mythic also no longer gives crystals back, which was a pointless annoying change that broke stuff for people who stashed crystals in spare mythics.
    Too many toons not enough time