Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Dual Wield no stealth bonus *bug?*

Vitho
Vitho
I get no stealth bonus for dualwield!

Heavy Attack from stealth with differend waepons and sorc weapon dmg buff:
Dualwield 195 weapondmg = 600dmg
2Hand 185weapondmg = 1600dmg
1hand 180weaponddmg = 1400dmg

Is it a bug or is it just me?
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not a bug. Just some wierd mathematics.
    It seems DW do least dmg from Ambush. It is around 2x or even less, while 2H weapons do stricktly 3x damage and ambush bonus also aplied to all weapon skills.
    I talk about heavy attacks, not the weapon damage it self.
    Try to use Uppercut from sneaking.
    While DW is a common build for sneaking characters it is very wierd for me that they deal least dmg with ambush.
    Edited by killedbyping on April 29, 2014 9:49AM
  • Vitho
    Vitho
    if i remove my offhand i double my ambush dmg that cant be only math. I am a sorc so i have less slots(cuz of amor buffs...) and want to use heavy attk for ambush
    Edited by Vitho on April 29, 2014 10:28AM
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticied when dual wield it isn't really even worth doing an attack from stealth. I noticed it is significantly smaller bonus damage than it was in beta but people told me I was wrong.

In all the betas using worse equipment and less sneak damage skills I could take same level weak mobs down to half or less with a sneak now if you get them for 10-15% damage you are lucky.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    I have noticied when dual wield it isn't really even worth doing an attack from stealth. I noticed it is significantly smaller bonus damage than it was in beta but people told me I was wrong.

In all the betas using worse equipment and less sneak damage skills I could take same level weak mobs down to half or less with a sneak now if you get them for 10-15% damage you are lucky.

No you are right, I played the beta and the bonus was a lot stronger with certain skills and I suspect it was because beta used a base dmg value instead of a multiplicative value.

I could kill almost anything in a single bloodcraze while overpowered scaled differently and dealt a bit more dmg. Now it is the total opposite, bloodcraze is inferior to a simple heavy attack while overpowered hits like a truck. And this only because all base damage values, in the dual wield tree, are low or can't be used for sneak attacks.

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on April 29, 2014 4:13PM
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    This is really strange...
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Does this include other skills like Puncturing Strikes? I've been using Templar DW prettymuch as soon as I was able. I used to be able to 1-2 shot a few single targets in beta, but in live it seems like it's not even worth bothering with.
    Edited by KenjiJU on April 30, 2014 9:23AM