Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nature’s Grasp Change Issue

Eidolon
Eidolon
✭✭
From the PTS patch

"Nature’s Grasp: Reduced the healing from this ability and the Nature’s Embrace morph by 10%.
Bursting Vines (morph): Reduced the healing from this morph by 25% to ensure it is not stronger than other burst heal abilities, such as Rushed Ceremony."

Does this take into account that Nature's Grasp is also the only healing spell that needs to be aimed? It should have a larger heal its exceptionally situational, and unless I am wrong does not benefit from smart targeting.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mentioned this in the combat/classes feedback thread. After having gone between some of my characters on pts, and while my warden is geared differently than the others, it just feels real bad that a skill thats usefulness varies so heavily per situation would be nerfed by 33% from live, on top of the fact that it still has the issue that if a twig blocks your line of sight the skill can flat out fail to cast because of one of the changes they made ages ago.
  • Eidolon
    Eidolon
    ✭✭
    @CP5 can you link me to that post?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About the targeting change? Let me see if I can find the update that changed it... The UESP doesn't have it listed under the changes, but I'm pretty sure that is was called a 'bug' but it used to be that if you cast the vine out once it reached the target you would be pulled, even if they moved behind a wall. They made a post cast check and if anything was blocking the target it would fail.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's really funny that they nerfed this skill when it was already considered bad since a couple of years back.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, who is using this skill? Has been awful since launch. A targeted healing skill? It’s hard enough to get your main DPS target in PvE and especially in PvP, but this healing skill? I see no use case because of how it works. In a PvP battle where there are more than 2 people this is just awful.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I checked out the history of changes for that skill it was real funny, seeing 2 different 10%~ buffs for both morphs, only to be followed up later by 25% nerfs. It feels they have no clue if the risk of pulling yourself to your target is worth the reward of more healing.
  • Eidolon
    Eidolon
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Honestly, who is using this skill? Has been awful since launch. A targeted healing skill? It’s hard enough to get your main DPS target in PvE and especially in PvP, but this healing skill? I see no use case because of how it works. In a PvP battle where there are more than 2 people this is just awful.

VSS HM Ice Cages are its only use
    Edited by Eidolon on February 1, 2022 4:05PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So while the gear and stats between them vary, I compared my warden to nightblade to get an idea of how this change will pan out. For context, I compared the healing output of their usual skills, which despite their stats were all within 5% the power of one another, and the wardens burst heal was actually only 1% stronger than the nightblades. (11034 vs 10889 tooltips)

So while the nightblade takes a negligible dot and gains minor mending, the warden will, after these changes, have a heal that is only 3/4 as powerful as my nightblades, while requiring aiming, while being more expensive, while requiring I pull myself likely into danger, while being delayed since the heal doesn't happen on cast, or on vine contact, but when I reach the target, but at least I gen some ultimate potentially when I get there. (8296 instead of 11034)

"to ensure it is not stronger than other burst heal abilities" seems a bit accurate...