Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Magic and Redguards ?

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
OK, so I leveled up a magic Dragon Knight Redguard. He's fun to play but I'm wondering if I should race change him because of magic. But with the upcoming combat changes should just wait and see how it goes? Stamina weapon skills will be buffed with whatever you have highest either stamina or magic in the new update right?
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to do endgame vet hard mode trial scoreboard chasing ?

If no then it's probably not a big deal.

I agree with your observation on the upcoming changes but even today for some builds having a flat regeneration boost or a flat cost reduction on the smaller stat pool is incredibly valuable as it means you can make effective use of that pool. There are also less obvious ways to make use of it as well, for example the CP slottable "Refreshing Stride" effectively converts stamina into regeneration of other resources whilst running.

I run some Breton stam characters for the same reason (but with the stats in question reversed)

Too many toons not enough time
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply
    No, I just do overland stuff like questing, delves, public dungeons, and world bosses. And I did adjust my cp to help with it as you said. I just watched this guy Sherman gaming's video on the pts. It was insane his templar was set as a 64pt stamina and he was doing mostly all the class magic skills and it was crazy amazing to me. And he was in a vet dungeon too solo.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Races help to squeeze out tiny percentages of extra dps, but honestly, the most important thing is to play how you like. Hell, I have breton stamina wardens, breton stamina dragonknights, breton magicka sorcs (even though khajiit or altmer are better). The difference isn't severe enough to really matter. Most important thing is gear, skills, and light attack weaving successfully. :)
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2400+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer