The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I would have Purchased the update even without the Card Game

PrimusTiberius
PrimusTiberius
✭✭✭✭
That's right, I would have. I work 5 sometime 6 days a week, drive 60 miles each way and at the end of each day, I crack open a beer, feed my face and when I'm finished, I fire up the PS4 and start playing ESO, been doing it for 5 years and I'm going to keep doing it. I've meet some really cool peeps along the way, belong to several cool guilds, build homes, show them off (we need a home portal furnishing..hint..hint) I play end game with my crew, questing all the time with 18 fully leveled toons, getting back into PvP with these new combat updates to see how they play out. Is it perfect? No, but is anything ever "perfect"...no its not. Would I have preferred something other than a card game, sure but its what they got this year so I'll check it out before I say anything.

For what I pay to play ESO (I subscribe to ESO+) and all the other stuff I purchase, is much cheaper (and better) than a dinner date with one of my X's. Not everyone is going to get what they want each year, I'm hoping for another class, but with ZOS still working out some of the balancing issues, maybe this wasn't the year to break that out, who knows? But the stories and lore is why I play, plus its a break from the real world and I'll take it.

Coming from a Marine, Kilo 3/1, 0331 Weapons Platoon, you Improvise, Adapt and Overcome, you won't get there by sitting on your tail end complaining about what "you" didn't get. Enough of the complaining and let get this show on the road. Bring me The High Isle Chapter!

Cheers
Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love your optimism! Keep on rocking OP!
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm gonna keep playing ESO too, but I hate to see them develop content that people don't want, since this is an MMO, and the community is paying their bills.
    Not to say I didn't want the card game, I did want a card game in ESO, but I wanted a port of TESL. The new card game doesn't sound promising: you make 2 decks, and you and your opponent both combine all 4 of decks (2 from each person) into one central deck both players draw from, and work towards a goal to win... Sounds like a lot of work for a game where your decks don't matter since in the end, you and your opponent are using the same deck. It sounds like a 2 players game designed like a party game for 4-6 players. But it's 1 on 1, making it a coin flip where your decks don't matter since you and your opponent pull from the same pool of cards.
    I want it to be good. But TESL vets like myself are sorely disappointed, and TCG players also like myself are very skeptical that it'll be good. And if it's not good, it'll become dead content, and no one wants to see the main draw of an entire year of content become dead content.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm staying optimistic and I'm one of the few it seems that isn't trashing the card game right away, but I also won't preorder something that is 4+ months away with minimal information. It's good to stay positive, but it's also good to make informed purchases based on as much information as possible. I'm hoping to see great news and a positive direction over the coming months, but blindly tossing money based on hope can end poorly.

Every year, we hear people complaining at some point that they preordered and now want their money back due to some decision ZOS makes later on before the release. I'm left wondering why preordering is so popular.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a 'joining thread'.
    Do we have rules for these? *jokes*

Happy to see you are enjoying yourself. There are many good sides to ESO. I feel your post is to counter some of the negativity surrounding the next DLC 'High Isle'. I can respect that, but mate....a dinner date is still worth the effort :)
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right, I would have. I work 5 sometime 6 days a week, drive 60 miles each way and at the end of each day, I crack open a beer, feed my face and when I'm finished, I fire up the PS4 and start playing ESO, been doing it for 5 years and I'm going to keep doing it. I've meet some really cool peeps along the way, belong to several cool guilds, build homes, show them off (we need a home portal furnishing..hint..hint) I play end game with my crew, questing all the time with 18 fully leveled toons, getting back into PvP with these new combat updates to see how they play out. Is it perfect? No, but is anything ever "perfect"...no its not. Would I have preferred something other than a card game, sure but its what they got this year so I'll check it out before I say anything.

For what I pay to play ESO (I subscribe to ESO+) and all the other stuff I purchase, is much cheaper (and better) than a dinner date with one of my X's. Not everyone is going to get what they want each year, I'm hoping for another class, but with ZOS still working out some of the balancing issues, maybe this wasn't the year to break that out, who knows? But the stories and lore is why I play, plus its a break from the real world and I'll take it.

Coming from a Marine, Kilo 3/1, 0331 Weapons Platoon, you Improvise, Adapt and Overcome, you won't get there by sitting on your tail end complaining about what "you" didn't get. Enough of the complaining and let get this show on the road. Bring me The High Isle Chapter!

Cheers

lol boo yah!

I have no intention to not play this expansion, I'm just not paying full price.

See you on the flip Marine!
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm gonna keep playing ESO too, but I hate to see them develop content that people don't want,

I"m in the property management business in the DC metro area, everyone and I mean everyone complains about what they don't get. Its life, some just need to realize that. ESO is fun, you get to build sets, I do a ton of theroy crafting and building hybrid builds, its fun and a way to blow of some steam form my real world grind.

I would suggest waiting to see how the card game plays out, they haven't given any deep dives into how it works. Let the complainers complain, I wasn't crazy about the antiquities but I have two toons that are fully leveled up in that skill and some of the home furnishing are really cool, drops kinda suck on some of them but its something to do when I get a little tried of questing.

Cheers
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    lol boo yah!!

haha...Semper Fi Bro

• PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    I can respect that, but mate....a dinner date is still worth the effort :)

you go right ahead mate, I'm pass'n on that. One of my X's was a former red headed stripper, (14 years) named Pixie....no thanks (true story, I'm gonna write a dark comity about my relationships, only this **** could happen to me)

Cheers

• PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm left wondering why preordering is so popular.

I only perorder with ESO, anything else I wait on. The recent history of gaming shows, you're only buying a half baked game. I know what I'm getting with ESO, so I pre-order. I just wish I could switch from PS4 to PC...now that would be grand! :)

Cheers

• DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact is most people who play this game are optimistic...though the hate machine would have you believe that their voices are the end be all of the state of the game. So when you hear...

Game is doomed
    Maintenance mode
    Blah Blah <insert derogatory comment about ZoS Here>

Just remember only a miniscule amount of players even know there is a forum and they are much too busy playing to care about the haters.

I can't wait until June, this is going to be awesome!

And before the usual suspects calls me a White Knight (I happen to be the Black Knight for your information) check out my post history.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm gonna keep playing ESO too, but I hate to see them develop content that people don't want,

I"m in the property management business in the DC metro area, everyone and I mean everyone complains about what they don't get. Its life, some just need to realize that. ESO is fun, you get to build sets, I do a ton of theroy crafting and building hybrid builds, its fun and a way to blow of some steam form my real world grind.

I would suggest waiting to see how the card game plays out, they haven't given any deep dives into how it works. Let the complainers complain, I wasn't crazy about the antiquities but I have two toons that are fully leveled up in that skill and some of the home furnishing are really cool, drops kinda suck on some of them but its something to do when I get a little tried of questing.

Cheers

I mean... did you read my whole post? This post sounds like you read the first sentence, and then gave up thinking I was talking about something else.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    DagenHawk wrote: »
    And before the usual suspects calls me a White Knight (I happen to be the Black Knight for your information) check out my post history.

Whine Knight, Black Knight...who cares....lets go kick some Daedric tail end or in this case, some Ascendant Lord tail end!!

PS..dig your signature quote

Cheers
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get what the point of this post was but you do you man. I'm gonna let my money speak for myself and get it sometime next year when it's on sale.
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the stories and lore is why I play, plus its a break from the real world and I'll take it.

Enough of the complaining and let get this show on the road. Bring me The High Isle Chapter!

Cheers

It's nice to see a positive post breaking out of the current trend of flooding the forums with vitriol.

I agree with your sentiments. Cheers!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right, I would have. I work 5 sometime 6 days a week, drive 60 miles each way and at the end of each day, I crack open a beer, feed my face and when I'm finished, I fire up the PS4 and start playing ESO, been doing it for 5 years and I'm going to keep doing it. I've meet some really cool peeps along the way, belong to several cool guilds, build homes, show them off (we need a home portal furnishing..hint..hint) I play end game with my crew, questing all the time with 18 fully leveled toons, getting back into PvP with these new combat updates to see how they play out. Is it perfect? No, but is anything ever "perfect"...no its not. Cheers

Pre-ordered already on two platforms so I can experience the story, not the card game.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 1, 2022 12:06AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was literally about to purchase it until they announced the card game. Now I'm holding off a bit.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy ESO as well (I play pretty much every day). I plan to buy the new chapter in spite of the card game (but only when it's on sale).
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    I enjoy ESO as well (I play pretty much every day). I plan to buy the new chapter in spite of the card game (but only when it's on sale).

Same here. Will continue to play, but I'll buy High Isle on sale. The only possible wrinkle to this plan is if Starfield is released before High Isle goes on sale.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the general vibe is that it's not worth the price of admission now, not that people won't buy it.

I certainly will buy, just not pre ordering, and waiting for the event/black friday sale that will have me paying a reasonable price for what I'm getting out of it.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    I think the general vibe is that it's not worth the price of admission now, not that people won't buy it.

I couldn't care less about new game systems. I would have bought High Isle and been fine with the price based off the content alone. The sole reason for my hesitation is that every game I've ever played that added a CCG was irreparably harmed by the CCG.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know, over the years there where threads about tavern mini games and how good this would be. Im happy with the card game, it is a tavern mini game.

For me the mainpoint of a new DLC is the story and art, the rest is fluff in my book. Shure a new weapon skill line would be nice, maybe next year. Until then im happy with U33.

As bow user (from patch notes):

-Poison Arrow
    -Venom Arrow (morph): This morph now grants Major Brutality and Sorcery for 10 seconds after casting.

<3
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great attitude OP, I have also pre-purchased the High Isle CE and bought 365 days of ESO+.
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    That's right, I would have. I work 5 sometime 6 days a week, drive 60 miles each way and at the end of each day, I crack open a beer, feed my face and when I'm finished, I fire up the PS4 and start playing ESO, been doing it for 5 years and I'm going to keep doing it. I've meet some really cool peeps along the way, belong to several cool guilds, build homes, show them off (we need a home portal furnishing..hint..hint) I play end game with my crew, questing all the time with 18 fully leveled toons, getting back into PvP with these new combat updates to see how they play out. Is it perfect? No, but is anything ever "perfect"...no its not. Cheers

Pre-ordered already on two platforms so I can experience the story, not the card game.

You know I thought I was the only one playing dual platforms, I play Xbox and PC...both communities are different on the Xbox platform the community is a bit more engaging I'm in two guilds and have quite a few friends to play with. On the PC platform I pretty much solo as most everyone considers themselves the master race.

Odd that.