Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the 14,000C Boathouse an indication of what to expect from High Isle visual quality?

Tomboski
Tomboski
✭✭✭
More specifically: Minecraft® rocks, patchwork low-res textures, and recycled assets seemingly selected with the care and precision of a Powerball draw?

Best Answer

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Colossal Aldmeri Grotto is an old house, not anything new and not related to the coming chapter at all.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Answer ✓
  • Tomboski
    Tomboski
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the assurance!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The house was first released in 2018 and is awesome, I know a bunch of people who were waiting for it's return and even more who already own it from before.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First, I'd like to say thank you to ZOS for listening to player feedback and putting the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto up for sale again. Players have indeed been asking for it for quite some time.

Second, I do like this house. It's very adventurous akin to The Goonies.

eHAMKyN.png

However, it has multiple locations with low resolution textures that bring the overall quality of the house down.

oqcw0xJ.png

amB6IG1.png

Fs515zd.png

Screenshots taken with 4k maximum settings and DLAA.

In the year 2022, many players are on latest gen hardware (Xbox Series X, NVIDIA 3000 series, etc) and the quality expectations for visual fidelity are much higher. Many players are also running larger screens. (e.g. 43" @ 4k 120 fps) and it's easier to notice these outdated textures. I realize the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto is an older house but if there's any way to future proof houses to avoid this scenario, that would be ideal.

Overall, I'm happy with the direction ZOS has taken ESO with regards to client improvements and player housing. The new houses released in the past year have all been great.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 31, 2022 12:39PM
    PC NA
  • Ankahet
    Ankahet
    ✭✭
    Tomboski wrote: »
    More specifically: Minecraft® rocks, patchwork low-res textures, and recycled assets seemingly selected with the care and precision of a Powerball draw?

Don't like it, don't buy it?