Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Restoration Staff - Force Siphon

omalley92eb17_ESO
Nearby allies gain X Health when attacking target. Player gains 100% additional Health when attacking target.

Trying to work out wtf this actually means and how it works in practice and if it's any good. Anyone using it?
  • mystaskratchb14_ESO
    It works like a life leech - every hit you (or anyone) does to the mob will restore some health. You can morph it so it also restores magicka on hit as well. It lasts long enough so I keep it on my weapon swap bar (along with my other long lasting skills).

It's not the best heal by itself, but it's a great supplemental one. When healing dungeons, Siphon and Rapid Regen are almost enough healing that I can almost dps!
  • omalley92eb17_ESO
    Thanks!
  • Sindofin
    Sindofin
    ✭✭
    It works like a life leech - every hit you (or anyone) does to the mob will restore some health. You can morph it so it also restores magicka on hit as well.

Thanks for the valuable info!

I wonder if it is really every single hit, i.e. light/heavy weapon attacks and any class spells? What about abilities with damage over time or multiple hits or ticks, e.g. the first active Templar's Aedric Spear and Dawn's Wrath abilities, and ticks of the Restoration Staff's heavy attack? Cheers!

This vague skill description is a nice example why the all or nothing respec and resulting cost is so annoying.
    Edited by Sindofin on April 30, 2014 8:56AM