The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What the heck is wrong with my build :(

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Ugh....so depressing to look at the dps. I'm working loosely off of:

https://deltiasgaming.com/builds/eso-stamina-dragonknight-pve-build

And for the life of me I'm just not getting this to work correctly. Some caveats:
  1. Race is Imperial
  2. Since Mundus doesn't change with the Armory, it's left at The Lady
  3. Missing the daggers, so using Chaotic Whirlwind with ones instead
  4. Gear is set to group (Relequen armor, Nirn jewels/weapon

I understand the concept of weaving..la -> ability (to negate the la animation) -> repeat (generally). My plan is to get the spectral cloak daggers and use the accompanying skill, and swap the gear to Beserking warrior and Kinra's.

But man....I mean it's bad like....around 11K bad. Any advice on making a good Stamina DK tank swappable to a decent DPSer would be really helpful. Thanks all.

Best Answer

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons must be golded out as the damage bonus jump is huge.

You need a spammable that deals high damage.

Source of major Sorcery/Brutality.

A couple of damage over time abilities running.

Make sure you have the buffs and debuffs on the target being displayed so you know when to reapply effects. Can find these things in the combat area of settings

Spell/Weapon damage glyphs on jewelry work really well.

The more crit the better.

At least one dedicated DPS set should be getting you over the 15k DPS hump.

Also the more max Magicka/Stamina the better as every 10.5 is roughly equal to 1 Spell/Weapon damage respectively.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 31, 2022 6:19PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Answer ✓
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I've been holding off on golding anything as the cost is silly right now...and I want to make sure the build is solid and what I want before golding. Appreciate it!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of lover and get thief.
    people overestimate pen. Crit > pen on pve. 1000 pen = 2% extra damage more or less. because 500 physical resistance in pve = 1% damage resistance // 600 physical resistance if it is pvp. so losing medium armor for light is legit a waste of time. because light gives 900 per piece, not even 1000. having 1 light piece on stam is worth it because of the undaunted passive, but that's it.

You can use 1 pen light armor helmet (slimecraw because of the crit) if you want and 6x medium armor. that' it

for body use rele obviously for frontbar use kinras, advc yokeda takes forever to reach max stacks.

get harponers warding kilt

for backbar use what ever arena set you want. granted vma two handed is the strongest atm

backbar have 3 dot skills don't waste time with more than 3 because you will lose the 5 seconds on the front bar from kinras.

front bar use what ever.

barbed trap gives you 3% extra damage, is a strong dot and has crit damage so use it.

cp use deadly aim for single target damage - master at arms for direct damage - fighting finese for crit damage - and backstabber or thaumaturge. yes thaumaturge buffs relequen and dk is full of dot dmg skills.

do this and you will easily do 85-90k dps with potions , probably near 100k if you use vma two handed and keep the carve stacks up.

what skills should you use? you have to be the one to decide. check the dmg of stuff like dk dots, spam poop rock your choice.
    Edited by francesinhalover on February 1, 2022 5:10PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah...ok thanks for this. I was thinking Yokeda would be really good...but I'll have to test it now that I just got the maul for it. Is there a reason to use 6 medium and only 1 light? My understanding was either all medium or almost all medium, 1 light, 1 heavy for the Undaunted passive. I had Rele for jewels/weapon and Kinras for body...looks like I'll switch that around. Thank you!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DigiAngel he is talking about using it for the Undaunted Passive if you want a 2% bump in magicka. I also think he is saying the Undaunted Passive is not worth it over going with all medium.

As for AY, its still a very strong set as long as you can keep the stacks up. It works really well with Templars and their Jabs and Deadly Cloak for other stamina builds as it needs constant damage. If you are running a 2H build, you can use Stampede as an alternative. In relation to Kinras, I think it works better in non-trials content.

Lastly, the Kilt is a great damage tool, but only if you are able to consistently avoid taking damage or can reliably put the stacks back on after taking damage. If you are just a sponge for damage, you'd be better off running a 2 piece monster set
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the advice....trying to front bar kinras right now...getting a 2 handed weapons is almost impossible at this stage :disappointed: I'll keep trying..that and....sigh going to have to hit MA again it seems <shudder>.