The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Guild Trader Changeover Bug

BuffNukem
BuffNukem
✭✭✭
BLUF: When the trader changeover happens and your guild loses all the bids, the system doesn't clear out the fact you no longer have a trader making your guild ineligible to scramble to hire any open trader.

SERVER/REGION: XBox NA

PROBLEM: I've seen this happen on multiple occasions since the move in Change Over time to Tuesdays, with it occurring yet again today. This bug happens if you had a guild trader the previous week, but then lose all the placed bids. The guild info front page doesn't update immediately to show you as no longer having a current trader and instead incorrectly still still shows the previous week's location for several hours after changeover. In Guild history it does properly show all 10 bids as failing, as well I received 10 "lost bid" mails, plus all bid money was properly returned to the guild bank. I even traveled to the location of the previous week's trader, which the guild info front page still shows as the active location, but that trader is now owned by another new guild. The big issue comes when even if I find an open guild trader that I should be able to hire for 10k, the system WILL NOT let me hire it for my guild since it still believes the guild has an active trader. This week I was at an open trader that was unclaimed for 35+ min after changeover and I made 100+ attempts to hire, but I was unable to hire it every time because the system said the guild was ineligible (guild name stayed red in the drop down list) because the system still was tracking the old location, which was incorrect.

RECOMMENDED SOLUTION: At the beginning of the changeover algorithm, clear out all the traders from the guilds info pages, then only refresh them with their new location if the guild is successful in hiring a trader. As of right now it is taking hours for the guild info page to update to show no trader for the week. If it had correctly shown as having "None Hired" immediately after changeover, then I would have been able to hire another trader.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this a number of times too (xbox EU). This only happens when I'm logged in at trader changeover, and the only way I can bid on another trader is to log out, close the game and delete save data off my xbox.

Relogging on another character and closing game and reloading game do not work. I have to delete save data. Its a pita
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    Ishtarknows - Thanks for the info!

Obviously a significant bug if the only way to clear the old trader data out of the system so I can try to hire a new open trader during the "Scramble" is to log out and/or restart the game. That would absolutely ruin nearly any chance of finding an open trader in time during the 5 min window when you can start hiring. I did try just "reloadui" while in game multiple times while I still was stuck showing the old trader, but that was not successful.
  • sashabeear1000
    I had this happen to our guild today at trader turnover. (PC/NA) I made a bug report and the game kicked me out! When I logged back in I was finally able to snag an available trader. A very frustrating bug.