The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove addons from BGs and made some lvl matchmaking changes

xPoisin
xPoisin
✭✭✭
What is your oppinion ? Would the removal of addons (denial of addon use in BGs) help to make BGs more playable ?
What I can see nowadays is people running Miat’s + Squishy and hunting down the “ squishy “ players only…

The second part is about lvl matching system in under lvl 50. How can a lvl 15 player fall into group / match with lvl 30+ players ?
I can see this all the time after entering match, check my teammates and if I see a team where lvl 45 (me) plays with lvl 15, lvl 18 and lvl 20. Based on the “luck” it mostly ends with me scoring 20+ kills and my teammates are mostly waiting to respawn… When I switch to support role then we loose because teammates cannot do enough damage or are not geared properly with low health (25K and less) and with low ressistances…
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »
    Would the removal of addons (denial of addon use in BGs) help to make BGs more playable ?

If addons were disabled, I would be very unhappy.

Here's what I use in Battlegrounds.
    • Better Scoreboard
    • Combat Metrics
    • Alliance Rank Progress
    • Dressing Room
    • Greyskull : Weapon / Spell Damage Meter
    • LovelyEmotes
    • PvPMeter
    • TheShining - AoE & Target Glow Brightness
    • WeaveDelays

This doesn't include the many addons used in BGs for non-combat purposes. (e.g. GeodeOpener, Inventory Insight, etc)

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 1, 2022 4:01PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The second part is about lvl matching system in under lvl 50. How can a lvl 15 player fall into group / match with lvl 30+ players ?
    I can see this all the time after entering match, check my teammates and if I see a team where lvl 45 (me) plays with lvl 15, lvl 18 and lvl 20. Based on the “luck” it mostly ends with me scoring 20+ kills and my teammates are mostly waiting to respawn… When I switch to support role then we loose because teammates cannot do enough damage or are not geared properly with low health (25K and less) and with low ressistances…

This happens at all levels and champion points. It's a dice roll who you get matched with.

I've played games where I have 3-4 million healing and the other teams have no healer. Yet we still get last place.

In the end it all comes down to kills. This is why a strong Mag Sorc with Endless Fury is so important to have on your team.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 1, 2022 9:35PM
    PC NA
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is your oppinion ? Would the removal of addons (denial of addon use in BGs) help to make BGs more playable ?
    What I can see nowadays is people running Miat’s + Squishy and hunting down the “ squishy “ players only…

I don't think removing addons would do much to impede players from farming "squishies". It doesn't take long in a match to identify who is "squishy" or inexperienced just by observing and getting a few hits in on people, so once they are identified players will still go after them.

The problem with lowbies is that the population is too low, which means that not enough players of similar levels are queuing at the same time, so lower levels get dragged into groups with higher levels. This is just my observation, but it seems that to compensate for this higher levels are distributed amongst the teams and lower levels fill in the gaps. So you could get group compositions of 1 or 2 of 30+ levels and the rest are lower levels in an attempt to make the teams equal. But that also means that you get very wide range in skill on the team as you've observed.

I don't think that MMR really works that well in games anyway. There are just too many factors to account for in trying to match people correctly.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on February 1, 2022 8:31PM